Our client is currently looking to add an experienced hands-on Mechanical Engineer in Walnut Creek, CA with experience Designing, Inspecting, or Reconfiguring above ground storage tanks. Strong candidates should have Oil & Gas Industry experience with the specific storage tank specific experience including API-653 certification. Any Downstream / Refinery experience is a plus but is not required.
This engineer will provide Engineering support to the facility’s Tank Maintenance program including:
- Provide in depth review of tank calculations and drawings.
- Interpret and apply API 653/650 and API 2000 to refinery tanks.
- Review and verify inspection reports.
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of tank outages, both planned and unplanned.
- Provide tank system troubleshooting
- Provide plant engineering support for the routine daily operation of tanks within the refinery.
- Troubleshoot tank mechanical problems and issues, develop alternatives, and propose solutions for long term safety and reliability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or another technical field is required.
- 3+ years’ work experience in API Storage Tank design and repair including engineering analysis, design, specification, installation, testing, start-up, and maintenance support.
- API-653 certification is required
- Must be very familiar with API 653/650 and API 2000 for tanks
- Ability to perform tank calculations including, but not limited to shell thickness, floating suction, wind girder and venting calculations.
- Ability to read P&ID’s (piping & instrument diagrams), plot plans, piping, and structural drawings
- Excellent working knowledge of ASME pressure vessel and piping codes and API standards is required.
- Experience developing pipe specifications and performing Stress Analysis is a plus but not required.
- Experience developing specifications for mechanical equipment such as Pressure vessels, Heat exchangers, Pumps, Compressors, and Turbines is a plus but not required.
- Applicants working must be capable of passing pre-employment drug and alcohol screening, have a valid driver’s license, and able to obtain a TWIC card.