Direct Support Professionals (DSP) PRN needed
- $15 Hourly
Wesley Glen Ministries is seeking part time and PRN direct support professionals who are energetic, caring, and have the passion to care for others. Residential DSPs support the residents in our group home in St Marys, Georgia. =. Each home provides care for four adults, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by a team of dedicated professionals. The team works to develop and implement an individualized care plan encompassing a whole-person-centered approach: physical, emotional, community, family, financial, and spiritual. This approach includes ensuring all of life’s necessities, such as support for daily life skills, meal preparation, housekeeping, personal hygiene, medication management, and social activities, are thoroughly met for each resident. In short, Wesley Glen residents are emboldened to live as independently as possible with supports tailored to their specific needs. If you’re compassionate, patient, and find meaning in this type of work, you'll find a promising future at Wesley Glen.
- Competitive hourly rate starting at $15 per hour.
- Paid training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the integrity of the program structure and ensures a healthy environment of the program as indicated by:
- Fills in the gaps of the basic schedule with positive learning opportunities and experiences for individuals.
- Is flexible enough to manage any unexpected challenges with minimal disruption of the schedule.
- Assists the individuals with their daily life skill needs.
- Maintains accurate and orderly procedures for monitoring and documenting individuals' medications.
- Follows a person-centered curriculum according to the individual’s needs and strengths.
- Effectively communicates written information to the right people in such a way as to establish an accurate record of each individual’s progress (daily notes, ISP goals, bowel tracking, seizure tracking, skin integrity, incident/accident reporting, etc.)
- Helps promote an appealing, clean, healthy, and safe environment that is conducive to positive change.
- Provides transportation to the residents as needed.
- Prepares and assists in preparation of meals in according to agency standards.
- Participates in activities with residents.
- Upholds the mission and values of Wesley Glen Ministries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Required Experience:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have at minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with minimum of seven-year driving history and the ability to meet and remain in good standing in accordance with Agency insurance guidelines.
- Must be detail oriented and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have effective communication skills and be able to speak, listen, and write clearly.
- Must submit to a criminal background check and preemployment drug screening and be cleared for employment.
- Must be able to work in the U.S.
- Must have or able to obtain CPR/First Aid certification.
- Must be flexible in working hours and be willing to work additional hours as needed.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift/carry 15 pounds.
- Ability to assist/support/transport adults ranging in weight from 50 to 300 pounds.
- Duties may include bending, stooping, or kneeling for various durations of time.
- Duties may include walking up and down stairs.
- Duties may occasionally include overhead work, reaching, pulling, and pushing items.
- Specific vision abilities include the ability to see for reading printed material and distance vision for maintaining appropriate supervision.
- Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels.
- Duties are performed in various environments, ranging from highly stressful and potentially aggressive to casual and leisurely.
- Duties are performed in a variety of environments in both indoor and outdoor settings that can include a wide range of conditions such as high/low temperatures and other inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to successfully complete the Behavior Management training program and conduct physical interventions as taught by the instructor.
- Necessary stamina to maintain supervision of adults who are in distress. This may include fast walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be prepared to participate in a wide range of activities including basketball, swimming, fishing, volleyball, movies, ISP reviews/staffing, team meetings, etc.
Wesley Glen Ministries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wesley Glen’s employees and volunteers personify compassion. At the core of everything they do are the residents, day program participants and families they serve. Wesley Glen commits to helping residents and day program participants achieve full, happy lives as contributing members of the Wesley Glen family and surrounding communities in which they live.
Wesley Glen is accredited by The Council on Quality and Leadership (CQL) and Personal Care Home Licensure of the Georgia Department of Human Services Office of Regulatory Services.
Key Programs: Wesley Glen’s core program provides residential housing and associated programming for individuals with disabilities with the goal of full integration and involvement in the community. Residential services include 24-hour care funded through the Medicaid Comprehensive Waiver funding option. Residential services are determined based on an individual’s needs for support and their preferences.
Cornerstone is a skills-building day program to provide individuals with greater confidence to interact appropriately in various activities so they can better integrate into their communities. The focus is on the participants’ interests and personal growth, and also includes group activities to foster interpersonal skills.
About 42 individuals participate in residential and day programs. Living a full and happy life is the goal for each person!
The Mission of Wesley Glen Ministries: Wesley Glen Ministries is a Christian organization whose core mission is to support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Wesley Glen Ministries
864 Mush Bluff RdSaint Marys, GA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.