On Site Medical Biller (10th Street and Buckeye in Phoenix) Pay DOE
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $19 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Job Title: Medical Biller
Reports To: CFO
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Summary: Responsible for all billing functions. Ensures claims are billed according to regulations and insurance specific rules. Work with staff, vendors, and insurance companies to ensure proper billing and maximization of revenues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Works with patient accounts to insure they are accurate.
- Maintains the sliding fee scale fee schedule in the practice management system.
- Work with patients to resolve billing discrepancies by phone and in person.
- Calculates Good Faith Estimates when required.
- Follow up on delinquent accounts and ensure payment where possible.
- Assists with providing feedback to staff of issues billing is having that can be remedied by their actions.
- Assists with billing projects as they arise.
- Maintain knowledge of all software used for billing.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of billing processes for reporting of financials and balancing to the bank accounts.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a billing management report.
- Report to CFO any issues with billing as they arise.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Maintains patient confidentiality as outlined by HIPPA.
- Completes assigned company trainings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possesses the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Possesses the ability to deal tactfully with the general public.
- Has ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Has ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of equipment, etc.
- Possesses the ability to seek out new methods and principles and is willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Is able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Is knowledgeable in usage of computers, data input and output to include report retrieval.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Non-Profit accounting experience is preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience – At least Six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 2 years’ experience working with the public in a health care setting is required.
- Language Ability – Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Mathematical Ability – Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Compute rate, ratio and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability – Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficiency in MS Office and Practice Management System eCW.
- Certificates and Licenses – Fingerprint clearance card.
- Supervisory Responsibilities – This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
WCHC’s Expectations of all Employees:
- Adheres to all WCHC Policies and Procedures
- Conducts self in a manner that represents WCHC’s Values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related internal and external contacts
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Departmental and WCHC concerns
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
- Actively participates in all required trainings
- Empowered to provide outstanding service to all customers
Wesley Community Center, Inc.Why Work Here?
Awesome Company, Great Benefits, and Great People.
Wesley Community and Health Centers is a local non profit, accredited, Federally Qualified Health Center which provide on the highest quality primary care service in two Phoenix locations, regardless of an individual's insurance status..
1300 S 10th StreetPhoenix, AZ
HealthcareView all jobs at Wesley Community Center, Inc.