Medical Front Desk Receptionist
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Wesley Health Center
Position Description – Front Desk Medical Receptionist
Responsible To: Practice Manager
Classification: Full-Time Position, Non-exempt
Position Summary: This position is one of the most important functions in the health care delivery system and the first point where contact is made personally or by telephone. The person will receive the patient and direct them to the services needed. Making appointments and making preliminary assessment category of payment for patients are essential before provider can see them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Welcomes patients as they contact the center personally or by telephone, and explain the services available, payment categories, and billing procedures.
- Schedule appointments; direct walk-in patients and emergencies as per established policies and procedures.
- Answers all incoming calls and route to the appropriate staff.
- Registers all patients per registration protocols and collects all documentation.
- Generate route slips for each patient and assure that all services provided have been checked out properly.
- Reviews and verifies patient coverage of insurance or other agencies and computes the charges to be paid by the patient.
- Collects deposits or co-pays/deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider per established policies and procedures. Inform patient of their outstanding balance, collect said balance, and issue cash receipt when monies are collected.
- Works closely with Medical, Behavioral health and health education staff to assure smooth patient flow and reductions of waiting time.
- Front Office staff is responsible for keeping, updating, and maintaining records by getting the appropriate information from both patients and doctors.
- Works closely with health promotion personnel and refer them to patients who did not keep their appointment for follow-up.
- Calls and reminds patient of his/her appointment.
- Follows up on “no show” patients on a daily basis.
- Communicate patient’s problem/complaint to designated management.
- Compiles, verifies, and scans files in electronic medical records of hospital or other health care facility. Creates electronic charts and maintains records of newly admitted patients.
- Reviews medical records for completeness, assembles records into standard order as requested by the provider.
- Email/faxes medical records requested by hospital and/or other health care providers and document in medical chart.
- Tasks and duties as directed by Operations Manager.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to treat all patients with the utmost kindness and consideration in the most trying situations.
- Friendly personality with the desire to work with the public.
- Ability to handle multi-functions.
- Understanding of community-based organizations.
- Communicate patients’ problems to management.
- Computer skills, including experience using eClinicalWorks
- Promotes and believes in Wesley Health Center's mission statement “Together we empower positive change”.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious, and economic status.
- Being skilled in computer software, such as spreadsheets, word processing and other programs relevant to the medical practice, is necessary for performing the required tasks.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Dependability - Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instruction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions. Willing to work at multiple locations. Willing to work early morning or evening hours.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience – Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of medical terminology. Experience with and proficiency in electronic medical records. Use of EClinicalWorks software is preferred.
- Language Ability – Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Write simple correspondence. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees. Bilingual in Spanish and English required.
- Mathematical Ability – Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Compute rate, ratio and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability – Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – MS Office and MS Office 365
- Certificates and Licenses · CPR with basic life support card in good standing.· Fingerprint clearance card
- Supervisory Responsibilities – This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
WCHC’s Expectations of all Employees
- Adheres to all WCHC Policies and Procedures
- Conducts self in a manner that represents WCHC’s Values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related internal and external contacts
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Departmental and WCHC concerns
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
- Actively participates in all required trainings
- Empowered to provide outstanding service to all customers
Wesley Community Center, Inc.Why Work Here?
Awesome Company, Great Benefits, and Great People.
Wesley Community and Health Centers is a local non profit, accredited, Federally Qualified Health Center which provide on the highest quality primary care service in two Phoenix locations, regardless of an individual's insurance status..
5845 E Still CirMesa, AZ
HealthcareView all jobs at Wesley Community Center, Inc.