- Posted: 14 days ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Job Title: Medical Assistant
Department: Back Office
Reports To: Back Office Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Hiring: 5 Full-Time Positions
Recker Campus - 5845 E Still Cir, Suite 104, Mesa, AZ 85206
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Back Office Manager or designee, this position provides professional skilled age-specific care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. This position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment. Performs patient care and technical related services for the neonate thru geriatric patient population in the back office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Update and maintain patient electronic health records.
- Record patient information such as vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, and temperature.
- Verify medical history and any change in medications at each appointment.
- Clean, stock and prepare examination rooms prior to patient appointment.
- Dispose of expired medication and exam room supplies.
- Point of care testing (urine and capillary blood sticks)
- Interpretation and translation (English/Spanish) as necessary
- HIV counseling
- Family Planning counseling
- Dispense contraceptives following AFHP protocol
- Assist with various medical procedures.
- Triage and process messages from patients to physicians.
- Process telephone encounters for patient questions and medication refills.
- Provide instructions to patients as instructed by physician.
- Follow up with Providers and patients when abnormal test results are obtained.
- Update ASIIS program daily for all vaccines administered
- Understands Title X family planning services and sliding fee discount schedule requirements.
- Dispenses birth control as ordered.
- Perform SVN, PEEK FLOW, Audiogram, Spirometry, Nebulizer procedures and Snellen test.
- Participates in evening clinic as needed.
- Provides one on one training to externs and volunteers
- Serves as Lab MA as needed.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of laboratory test and analyses.
- Knowledge of laboratory terminology and equipment
- Knowledge of specimen collection
- Knowledge of quality assurance lab procedures
- Ability to perform injections and vaccinations
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Requires MA certification from accredited program
- This is an Entry Level position. Some experience preferred but not required.
- CPR with basic life support card in good standing.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
Language Ability – Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Write simple correspondence. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees.
Mathematical Ability – Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Compute rate, ratio and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability – Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills – MS Office, eClinicalWorks
Certificates and Licenses
- CPR with basic life support card in good standing.
- Fingerprint clearance card
Supervisory Responsibilities – This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
WCHC’s Expectations of all Employees:
- Adheres to all WCHC Policies and Procedures
- Conducts self in a manner that represents WCHC’s Values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related internal and external contacts
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Departmental and WCHC concerns
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
- Actively participates in all required trainings
- Empowered to provide outstanding service to all customers
Wesley Community Center, Inc.Why Work Here?
Awesome Company, Great Benefits, and Great People.
Wesley Community and Health Centers is a local non profit, accredited, Federally Qualified Health Center which provide on the highest quality primary care service in two Phoenix locations, regardless of an individual's insurance status..
5845 E Still CirMesa, AZ
HealthcareView all jobs at Wesley Community Center, Inc.