Healthcare Business Support Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Job Title: Healthcare Business Support Analyst
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Chief Operating Office the Healthcare Business Support Analyst will utilize their skills in management, finance, research, and data analysis and manipulation toward the overarching goal of improving the operations of Wesley Community & Health Centers. The Healthcare Business Support Analyst will be responsible for assessing, designing, implementing, and tracking organization workflows; managing Provider, Payor, and Vendor Contracts; and managing provider credentialing and privileging records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Act as the Wesley Mobile Unit Coordinator. The mobile unit coordinator is responsible for managing the operations of the Wesley Mobile Clinic. As the mobile unit coordinator, they will be responsible for:
- Organizing and planning community and school outreach and education regarding mobile unit
- Organizing and planning community and school-based mobile clinic events
- Coordinate mobile unit schedule for days and sites
- Assist in coordinating staff schedule for mobile clinic days
- Assist with maintaining supplies and equipment for mobile unit
- Provides business analysis by conducting workflow analysis.
- Develops, reviews and analyzes business information requirements and models by defining the business scope and objectives including the planning, designing, or modifying of practical manuals and automated business procedures.
- Identifies and analyzes new project initiatives by staying current with initiatives under consideration.
- Develop and implement effective record-keeping procedures.
- Prepare accurate reports on the latest trends in customer service, billing, and cost evaluation.
- Research and evaluate data from different sources to identify discrepancies and patterns.
- Work with management and other internal departments to implement and assess developments.
- Assisting with project management at multiple stages, including the research, testing, and implementation of new systems and products; may also guide software development.
- Performing technical tasks such as creating business requirements documents, user training manuals and guides, and requirements traceability matrices.
- Delivering written and verbal presentations to an organization’s leadership to communicate key findings and updates on business process adjustments.
- Conducting in-depth data analysis, using spreadsheets or more specialized tools such as project management software and traceability solutions.
- Periodically reviewing the progress of any recommended and implemented changes to see if they’re still on track, and repeating the above steps as needed to ensure continuous improvement.
- Assist in oversight and tracking of medication programs such as Dispensary of Hope and Americares
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Analytical Skills – Collects and researches data. Designs workflows and procedures. Identifies relationships and dependencies. Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management – Communicates changes and progress. Completes projects on time and within budget. Coordinates projects. Develops Project plans. Manages project team activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or a related field is required, equivalent experience may be considered
- Experience in managed health care is preferred
- A minimum of 2-3 years in healthcare business process experience
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft suite of applications
- Project management experience preferred
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical, or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and the public. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Compute rate, ratio, and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
MS Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, PowerBI, eClinical Works
Certificates and Licenses:
- CPR with a basic life support card in good standing.
- Fingerprint clearance check.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Wesley Community Center, Inc.Why Work Here?
Awesome Company, Great Benefits, and Great People.
Wesley Community and Health Centers is a local non profit, accredited, Federally Qualified Health Center which provide on the highest quality primary care service in two Phoenix locations, regardless of an individual's insurance status..
1625 N 39th Ave. PhoenixPhoenix, AZ
BusinessView all jobs at Wesley Community Center, Inc.