Health Center Operations Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Health Center Operations Manager
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of Wesley Health Centers.. The Health Center Operations Manager works alongside the Wesley Operations Team and Quality Improvement Department to provide leadership, direction and administration support for all aspects of clinic activities to ensure accomplishment of objectives. Responsible for assisting in implementation of office policies and procedures. Coordinates the coaching, counseling and discipline of staff in conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer and management team members. Provides support to the management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the management of day-to-day operations of the all Wesley health center locations
- Responsible for the training and development of the health center operations staff
- Collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure front desk compliance with billing and finance policies and procedures
- Responsible for front desk compliance of the Sliding Fee Scale policy and procedures
- Responsible for the front desk compliance of the Title X policy and procedures
- Collaborates with the Clinical and Quality Improvement Manager to ensure accurate capture of UDS demographic data..
- Provides overall leadership related to the daily operations of all practice locations.Continually looks for opportunities to increase efficiencies while maintaining the
highest standards of patient care
- Interacts as necessary with clinical leadership team to complete assigned duties
- Position will routinely travel between clinic locations in the Phoenix Metropolitan area
- Participate in facility management of all practice offices. This level of support occasionally results in needing to address issues outside of office hours
- Conduct and oversee employee reviews
- Work with management team to ensure operational procedures are followed
- Create procedures and work with management team to educate staff regarding all current and new procedures
- Review and approve employee's schedules and working hours including approving of electronic timecards
- Coordinate with the Clinical Informatics Specialist as needed to trouble shoot and resolve information technology issues
- Implement and lead continuous operational quality improvement processes throughout programs and service areas, focusing on systems/process improvement
- Work with provider staff to address clinical issues and enhance efficiencies
- Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give feedback on health center operations
- Monitors patient satisfaction/feedback for all clinic locations to identify and act upon opportunities for improved service
- Assist in scheduling of staff meetings
- Attend and participates in professional group meetings
- Participates in continuing education activities for professional development, licensure and certification requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
· Achievement Focus - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
· Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
· Managing Customer Focus - Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Establishes customer service standards. Monitors customer satisfaction. Promotes customer focus. Provides training in customer service delivery.
· Managing People - Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth. Includes subordinates in planning. Makes self available to subordinates. Provides direction and gains compliance. Provides regular performance feedback. Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities.
· Planning and Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
· Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public.
Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- MS Office 365
- Basic Computer navigation and use
Certificates and Licenses: None
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position is responsible for overseeing multiple program areas and units within the Operations Department of Wesley. Must be comfortable supervising up to 20 individuals.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
WCHC’s Expectations of all Employees
- Adheres to all WCHC Policies and Procedures
- Conducts self in a manner that represents WCHC’s Values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related internal and external contacts
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Departmental and WCHC concerns
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
- Actively participates in all required trainings
Empowered to provide outstanding service to all customers
Wesley Community Center, Inc.Why Work Here?
Awesome Company, Great Benefits, and Great People.
Wesley Community and Health Centers is a local non profit, accredited, Federally Qualified Health Center which provide on the highest quality primary care service in two Phoenix locations, regardless of an individual's insurance status..
1625 N 39th AvePhoenix, AZ
BusinessView all jobs at Wesley Community Center, Inc.