- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Position Summary: To provide health care services to Wesley Health Center (WHC) patients. In addition the Clinician may be directed on a case by case basis for a designated specific period of time by the Chief Medical Officer to perform other duties in accordance with funding agency requirements, contractual agreements, and policies, procedures and protocols established by the Wesley Health Center Board of Directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Provide primary care services in a Patient Centered Medical Home environment
· Practice of clinical medicine within the scope of license, training, and current approved credentialing
· Adheres to the highest standards of medical practice, ethics, and professionalism at all times
· Demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrative knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
· Assist the leadership team in establishing medical policies, quality improvement procedures and evaluating current practices
· Recommend changes in clinical areas to improve the patient flow, electronic medical records, billing practices, and appointment practices
· Knowledgeable about family planning services with an ability to counsel and provide these services to Wesley Patients
· Assist the leadership team in designing implementing and evaluating education programs for the WHC patients and clinical staff
· Responsible for directing and supervising clinical staff as appropriate
· Maintain affiliation with professional groups, medical associations, and medical organizations as per policies established by WHC
· Refer clients to other providers for secondary and tertiary services when necessary
· Maintain awareness of guidelines for preventive care and practice accordingly
· Maintains chart documentation, tracking and reporting systems as indicated for continuity of care.
· Offer wellness counseling and appropriate information regarding non-medical (e.g., dietary) treatment of disease (primary prevention)
· Work interprofessionally with behavioral health specialists, health educators, medical assistants to educate, formulate and optimize treatment plans for the patient.
· Perform other patient care administrative duties i.e. medication refills; diagnostic study interpretation, tracking and notification; etc.
· Educate health professional students, resident physicians and MA externs
· Be familiar with Federal and State Rules, Regulations and Practices in a Federally Qualified Health Center
· Be familiar with Federal and State Health Care Program requirements and assist in carrying out these programs
· Promotes and believes in the WHC mission statement “Together We Empower Positive Change”
· Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religion, sexual orientation or economic status
WCHC Expectations of all employees:
· Adheres to all WCHC Policies and Procedures
· Conducts self in a manner that represents WCHC’s Values at all times
· Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related internal and external contacts
· Communicates regularly with supervisor about Departmental and WCHC concerns
· Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position
· Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
· Actively participates in all required trainings
· Empowered to provide outstanding service to all customers
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Adaptability - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests/
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Graduate degree as nurse practitioner (FNP or DNP), medical doctor (MD or DO) or physician assistant (PA) required.
Read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, agencies or members of the business community. Write speeches and articles for publication.
Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Electronic Health Record (EHR), MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Internet Explorer.
Certificates and Licenses:
· Valid license to practice medicine within scope of profession in the State of Arizona
· DEA license
· Board Certified as necessary (required for all physicians MD/DO)
· Maintain appropriate CME
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages subordinate employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Wesley Community Center, Inc.Why Work Here?
Awesome Company, Great Benefits, and Great People.
Wesley Community and Health Centers is a local non profit, accredited, Federally Qualified Health Center which provide on the highest quality primary care service in two Phoenix locations, regardless of an individual's insurance status..
HealthcareView all jobs at Wesley Community Center, Inc.