Accounting Clerk A/P & A/R
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Accounting Clerk A/P & A/R
Reports To: Financial Controller
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Financial Controller and in coordination with the other employees
in the Finance Department, the Accounting Clerk A/P & A/R is responsible for processing accounts payable and
accounts receivable. Accounts payable invoices must be paid timely. Accounts receivables must be entered
against invoices. The Accounting Clerk A/P & A/R is responsible for investigating any variances in either the
Payables or Receivables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A working knowledge of accounting principles
which relate to the GL, A/P & A/R are required.
- Accounts Payable: review incoming invoices for accuracy, enter invoices into the accounting system to
- ensure the invoices are paid in a timely manner. Investigate any outstanding balances.
- Monitor A/P Aging. Keep Controller and CFO apprised of any balances over 30 days.
- Coordinate and monitor bank account balances in coordination with CFO.
- Prepare checks for signature and mailing.
- Maintain a good working relationship with vendors.
- Order banking supplies; checks, deposit slips, deposit bags, etc.
- Accounts Receivable: apply payments to open invoices. Investigate open items.
- Cash: monitor banks accounts each morning to ensure we capture all deposit and EFT’s (deposit and
- payments) and record into the accounting system timely.
- Deposit all mail checks received timely.
- Understand the relationship of WCC with funding sources.
- Monitor A/R Aging. Keep Controller and CFO apprised of any balances over 30 days.
- Credit Cards: in coordination with the cardholders, review and process monthly credit card statements
- for payment and enter transactions into accounting software and give information to CFO for payment.
- At month end (due date determined by the Controller) run a P & L and review for accuracy all A/P and
- A/R entries.
- Maintain A/P and A/R files.
- Prepare annual 1099 forms for vendors
- Responsible for patient reimbursements
- Assists with audit preparation
- Apply for tax exemptions
WCHC’s Expectations of all Employees
- Adheres to all WCHC Policies and Procedures
- Conducts self in a manner that represents WCHC’s Values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related internal and external contacts
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Departmental and WCHC concerns
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
- Actively participates in all required trainings
- Empowered to provide outstanding service to all customers
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and
experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information
skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason
even when dealing with emotional topics.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others'
views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team
above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports
everyone's efforts to succeed.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered
when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own
actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goal; completes
tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities;
takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for
and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Non-Profit
accounting experience is preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages,
area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficiency in MS Office and QuickBooks.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle,
or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position.
Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their
Wesley Community Center, Inc.Why Work Here?
Awesome Company, Great Benefits, and Great People.
Wesley Community and Health Centers is a local non profit, accredited, Federally Qualified Health Center which provide on the highest quality primary care service in two Phoenix locations, regardless of an individual's insurance status..
1300 S 10th StreetPhoenix, AZ
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Wesley Community Center, Inc.