Senior Production Manager - Plastics Manufacturing
Wescon Plastics Wichita, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Wescon Plastics is searching for an experienced Senior Production Manager experienced with Plastics Manufacturing!
To manage daily production needs while minimizing downtime and producing quality product at standard output. Professionally and properly communicates with staff and departments with any issues and/or needs. Professionally communicates with the Maintenance Department any downtime; Communicates with Quality Department any scrap or reject issues. Completes end of shift reports. Other duties as assigned
· Assures that all machine equipment and operators are set-up properly to produce quality parts at the required production rate.
· Ensures all operations are in compliance with all process standards, quality standards, operator instructions and packaging standards as posted on the Job Boards where applicable.
· Works with the Quality Department in maintaining the standard of quality, which is acceptable to our customer.
· Ensures notification to the Quality Manager and Operations Manager any time that quality deviations affect the product output, or the quality issue cannot be corrected.
· Ensures that production and quality requirements are met.
· Ensures all employees follow all company policies and procedures for the proper operation of the department.
· Ensures all housekeeping and safety standards are maintained.
Informs the Maintenance Department of any necessary repairs needed to production equipment.
· Purses continuous improvement within the department in quality, productivity, cost savings and safety. Reports to the Production manager any ideas for continuous improvement.
· Performs process checks and documents any adjustments needed.
· Assures shift production reports are completed properly and forwarded timely.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit.
Education / Experience:
College and/or Technical Education preferred
Professional written and verbal communication skills.
Experienced with Microsoft Office products.
3-5+ years supervisor/Management experience highly preferred.
Management / Supervisory Responsibility:
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and specific machines can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Wescon PlasticsWhy Work Here?
Results-focused management team, friendly workforce, and ability to leave your mark on helping build a great organization!
Wescon Plastics’ manufacturing and warehouse currently spans 110,000 square feet. This facility houses 35 plastic injection presses, ranging in size from 4 ton to 660 tons, including horizontal, vertical, and electric presses. We maintain a high efficiency by utilizing robotics, custom end-of-arm tooling and automated and manual assemblies. To complement our molding services, we combine engineering, tool room, secondary operations, quality inspection, and customer service support to strengthen client partnerships and eliminate the need for multiple suppliers. Our mission is to provide exceptional value through increased reliability and industry-leading technology.
2810 S. West StreetWichita, KS