Wescon Plastics is hiring for Quality Control Inspectors on 1st and 2nd shift to assist with company growth!
The QC Inspector is the primary QA interface supporting manufacturing by inspecting custom injected plastic molded products and processes for conformity to specifications. The QC inspector will follow through on preventative and corrective action plans as directed by the Quality Manager and/or Manufacturing Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Carries out written and verbal instructions to support quality processes.
2. Reads work orders, SPC charts, and schedules. Reads and interprets detailed engineering prints, sketches, layouts, specifications, SPC results, and manuals to determine specifications, testing procedures, adjustment methods, certification processes, formulas and or measuring instruments required.
3. Observes and reads instruments, gauges, dials, etc. to determine operating conditions.
4. Measures dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications. Compare colors, shapes, textures or grades of product/materials with color charts, templates or samples to verify conformance to standards.
5. Notifies direct supervisor, production supervisor or other production leads of nonconforming production problems.
6. Records inspection or test data.
7. Works independently or as part of a team, accepting reassignment of duties as may be necessary.
Skills, knowledge and abilities
1. Works independently from instructions from supervisor and computerized work order system.
2. Able to communicate well with all levels of personnel; interpersonally, in writing and verbally with strong English reading and speaking skills.
3. Willing to work in a team environment to keep smooth running production.
4. Knowledgeable in the use of measuring instruments including (but not limited to) calipers, micrometers, calibrated resistance monitoring equipment.
5. Good math aptitude and computer spreadsheet skills.
6. Statistical process control data collection and control methods.
7. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
Preferred experience and education
1. 3 + years of experience in quality assurance in a manufacturing setting preferred.
2. CMM operation or programming using CMM Manager a plus.
3. Plastics processing and injection molding highly preferred.
4. Associates degree or high school diploma with equivalent experience.
1. Able to walk, stand on concrete floors for up to 12 hours per shift.
2. Able to lift 50 - 75 pounds.
3. Must be able to properly distinguish similar color variations.