Representative - Government Outside Sales (Communication and Security Solutions)
As an Outside Sales Representative, you will be responsible for developing new accounts and opportunities while maintaining and growing a current customer base. This role will be focused on the local Fed/Sled market and the primary focus will be working to uncover new contracts, projects, and contractors that operate in this space. A strong work ethic and personal accountability are required to be a successful Outside Sales Representative. Working alongside inside sales representatives and regional overlays, you will be part of a strong team that consistently grows year after year. Your primary focus will be in person selling and account management activities to meet sales revenue targets by understanding customer needs and suggesting appropriate products and services. This is a rare opportunity to start a long-term career with a well-established, global distributor. Looking for dedicated and motivated individuals to join our tenured, tight knit team in the DC Metro region!
- Executes and expands assigned customer account plan(s) which is developed in conjunction with management.
- Executes on billing margin initiatives through value added services, marketing programs, and supplier engagement.
- Prospects potential customers, including cold calling and developing leads through referral channels.
- Communicates with customers and leads to identify and understand their product or service needs; identifies and suggests products and services to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers based on their needs.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
- Maintains communication with existing and previous customers, alerting them of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
- Utilizes sales management tools for sales planning, supplier planning and documenting opportunities.
- Develops and grows product knowledge through WESCO and supplier training.
- Develops strong relationships with suppliers, including performing regular joint sales calls.
- Provides quotations directly or in conjunction with sales support team.
- High School Degree or Equivalent required;Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Prior sales experience required, outside sales preferred.
- Two years of industry experience preferred.
- Ability to travel to current and potential clients and suppliers.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective communicator both written and verbally.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques (Preferred).
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the time.
Working Environment: Outside Sales - Work is generally performed in an office environment, but employee may need to travel to customer sites or warehouse facilities. Driving may be required for an extended period of time with frequent stops and starts. Can be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Wesco International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Wesco") provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law. US applicants only, we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
45075 Old Ox RoadSterling, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.