- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
White Glove Residential Warehouse Dock Supervisors
Job Type(s) : Two, positions both Full-time / 10am-7pm and 12n-9pm
Salary: $ 44,000 - $48,000 a year
Industry: Transportation/ Appliance Delivery and / or installation / White Glove
Warehouse Location: Mesquite Texas
Account: TBD Appliance White Glove In-Home Delivery
The Warehouse Dock Supervisors (we are seeking two, one AM (10am-7pm) and one PM (12-9pm) will report to Delivery Manager/ Warehouse Operations Manager . The position will support a team of contracted independent home delivery teams and internal off loaders / phone dispatchers (Customer Service Agents) and associated internal employees in a fast-paced, environment. Supports all facets of the operation, transportation, and home delivery operations, and ensures processes and communications are aligned to meet and exceed client requirements. Ensures positive customer experience and positive client partnership. Directs the development of all warehouse personnel and operations, as well as contracted delivery partners to support the client relationship. This role will support an new account location, hence an start-up.
· Support strategic direction in order that all activities delivery operations align with the client’s goals and expectations.
· Ensure proper measuring and monitoring of the complete fulfillment cycle to meet and exceed client requirements-including transportation, receiving and quality inspections, return inventory management.
· Ensures a safe work environment and equipment operation in compliance with OSHA and other state and local fire and safety regulations.
· Support the enforcement of all government regulations related to the warehouse operations and transportation operation including but not limited to OSHA and other governmental agencies.
· Support policies and procedures for all maintenance activities.
· Support a culture of a team environment.
· Confers with senior management, reviews and analyzes activity, operating and forecast reports to determine whether modifications in operations are required.
· Support for the overall direction, coordination, motivation, and evaluation of direct reports.
· Establishes and directs a plan of personal development which will support the client’s requirements, and specifications.
· Effective manage KPI reporting
· Must be able to work for an new start up location supporting white glove in home delivery of appliances.
· 3-5 years effective in managing / home delivery / 3PL (third-party logistics) / Appliance - Home Décor or Installations and P&L's
· Strong knowledge of warehouse processes, technology, order fulfillment to retail, transportation, and supply chain management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Effective organizational and planning skills including the ability to define a problem, collect data, determine root cause, and work to resolution with a team.
· Experience in a direct customer interaction role, with a solid background of managing work teams to meet client expectations.
· Proven leadership ability; demonstrated ability to build, mentor, train, grow and lead a team.
· Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Position Requirements (Experience):
· Minimum 2-3 years of experience in warehouse management, distribution, and inventory control - preferably in big box consumer goods or last-mile distribution (3PL).
· Proven track record of successful warehouse management, for large clients with multi-year service agreements.
· Support up to 55 (White Glove Furniture or Appliance Delivery Units per day / Contracted independent home delivery teams.
· 2-3 years effective in managing / home delivery / 3PL (third-party logistics) and P&L's
· Pass a pre-employment physical, drug test & background
· Will either work an full time schedule of 10m – 7pm or 12n-9pm.
Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Logistics portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Werner Final Mile
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Werner Final Mile
Get fresh Warehouse Shift Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.