Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift ( 4 x 10 hours)
The primary objective of the Production Supervisor position is to ensure a safe manufacturing environment for all employees and visitors to the facility. To plan, coordinate, organize and control production to ensure the efficient fabrication and assembly of products that meets or exceeds customer requirements.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Supervisor will manage persnonnel across the 2nd shift operation. Working together with the Plant Manager, this position provides direction to team members in areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and continuous improvement.
- Quality, accuracy, thoroughness, and reliability of work performed
- Safety (TRIR), equipment up-time, and appearance/organization of production facility
- Department performance/productivity
- KPI goals met and within budget
- Environmental compliance (where applicable)
- Customer satisfaction with quality and delivery (internal and external)
- Interpersonal communications skills
- Trust and respect of customers, management, and employees is established and maintained
- Timeliness and adherence to deadlines and schedules for meeting customer needs
- Maintain the integrity of confidential business information, and conduct business on the highest level of integrity and ethical
- Active participant in our Operational Excellence process, lead and coach the production staff using lean methodology and tools such as 5S, standard work, TPM, process and material flow, Kanban events, visual management, and value stream mapping.
- Oversees the direct manufacturing resources to manage daily improvement in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and asset utilization.
- Analyze using lean methodology and suggest improvements to specific manufacturing operations such as welding, fabrication, finishing, and assembly processes.
- Participate in the daily production meetings, reviewing backlogs, and ensuring schedules are met.
- Continue the development and enhancement of labor productivity metrics and drive improvement in the metric
- Production Management: 3 years
- Operational Excellence: 1 year
- Prefer a Bachelors in Engineering, minimum strong background manufacturing technical skills
Specific Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Welding, sheet metal fabrication experience highly desirable
- Experience in “Pull” manufacturing value stream assembly.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and to operate efficiently under time pressure, stress, and rapidly changing priorities
- Lean Manufacturing/continuous improvement training and knowledge
- OSHA training and, first responder training is a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent analytical, data, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and show an ability to work and participate effectively in a team environment.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook along with the ability to navigate ERP systems.
This is a contract to hire position
Werkridge Placements stands apart in the staffing and recruiting industry. We firmly adhere to the following core values:
Treat both Candidates and Clients equally as customers
Werkridge PlacementWerkridge Placement provides professional technical expertise for placement in contracting, consulting, temp to hire and permanent hire. We treat every client and candidate with integrity and consideration, working to find the very best match of talent and need. We understand both parties because we are scientists, engineers and researchers. Werkridge Placements stands apart in the staffing and recruiting industry. We firmly adhere to the following core values: Integrity Quality Service Treat both Candidates and Clients equally as customers