Superintendent - Commercial Construction
Wentworth Executive Recruiting San Francisco, CA
- Expired: November 15, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Premier tenant improvement - office interiors Construction Company in SF is growing and we are adding a NEW Superintendent role to the team! The company culture is supportive, empowering and the President/Owner of the company leads with Integrity. A very positive work environment. Life Science experience a plus.
Competitive Compensation Package: Base salary, Performance Bonus, Deferred Savings program, Health Care Benefits and Vehicle Allowance.
Position Title: Superintendent
The Superintendent provides the leadership, planning, organization, coordination, control, and direction in the management of field construction and related activities to meet the profit and growth objectives of the company. The Superintendent provides the leadership to maintain the integrity, consistency, and cost-effectiveness of field construction-related activities for the company and provides the direction to assure the highest quality field construction standards expected by the company customers consistent with cost considerations.
The Superintendent Will Be Responsible To
- To make purchases of material, operating supplies and to rent tools and equipment to meet the job requirements.
- To implement and enforce approved company operating policies and procedures at the job site of assigned projects.
- To provide general supervision to subcontractors on the job, and to provide direction to any employees assigned to the job in the accomplishment of their assigned duties.
- The Superintendent reports to the V.P. Construction Operations as well as the Project Manager responsible for the assigned project.
- The Foreman and Laborers on the Superintendent’s projects report to the Superintendent who has responsibility for the project.
- Must have at least 5-7 years of experience working in field construction, tenant improvements/office interiors a plus.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management a plus.
- Skills: Should possess strong leadership and organizational skills; be able to effectively direct the efforts of field and subcontractors to meet deadlines while maintaining the ability to shift priorities rapidly to accommodate various workload changes.
- Physical: Must be dexterous and able to work in close quarters, and to be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Working Conditions: Must be able to report to the job sites each workday; have a valid driver’s license, and to work reasonable overtime if required to meet the job requirements.
- It is the responsibility of the Superintendent to perform his/her duties in the spirit of the company's Mission Statement and provide excellent services and the very best value for our customers.
- The Superintendent has the responsibility for the daily operations of the field construction to meet the contractual commitments of the company for assigned projects.
- For providing on-time delivery of quality products.
- For providing a clean, secure, and safe work environment for all field employees and subcontractors, and a safe environment for the community.
- For assuring that all employees are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- For assuring compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to, health and safety regulations.
- The Superintendent provides day-to-day supervision for all field personnel and subcontractors working on assigned projects.
- Frequently checks with subcontractors to assure they are ready to do their job, and schedule them as required for the job.
- The Superintendent participates in Job Start-Up (Kick-Off) meeting with the project
- A thorough review of the project drawings.
- Review of the job schedule.
- The discussion is relative to the subcontractors for the job.
- The discussion is relative to phasing and/or special conditions.
- Takes care to assure that all measurements on drawings or other documents are correct, makes corrections where appropriate and advises the PM, architect, engineer and/or other responsible parties of such corrections.
- Ensures that all pertinent information is obtained and the Scope of Work is clearly understood.
- Discusses with the Project Manager the needed equipment, material, and supplies required for the efficient and orderly completion of the project.
- Resolves all construction problems, either directly or with the assistance of the Project.
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years
Salary: $125,000 - $130,000 Annual
Wentworth Executive Recruiting
AddressSan Francisco, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at Wentworth Executive Recruiting