Commercial Construction Superintendent
Wentworth Executive Recruiting San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SUPERINTENDENT - Real Estate and Construction Development Company | San Francisco, CA
Job Superintendent is responsible for managing on site construction activities for a variety of tenant improvement and capital improvement projects in order to complete the work on time and on budget consistent with the policies and procedures of the company.
- Review plans and specifications to obtain clear and thorough understanding of scope of intended project
- Review lease exhibit, building work rules, city building and zoning restrictions to know restrictions and limitations of work site
- Confirm project subcontractor and vendor roster and verify buyout with project manager
- Develop detailed project schedule sufficient for management of and execution of the work
- Coordinate and schedule all subcontractor trades
- Monitor subcontractor scheduled performance
- Conduct preconstruction conferences to make sure long lead materials will be delivered timely,
- Review and approve shop drawings for conformance to plans and specifications, and building standards
- Provide tenants, property managers and building visitors with clean and safe work area
- Monitor subcontractor cleanup and provide additional cleanup as necessary to maintain clean work site
- Communicate project status reports to project manager, property manager and tenant
- Advise project manager and design staff of cost reduction options
- Pre-qualify contractors & subcontractors, solicit bids, conduct pre-bid conferences
- Supervise project subcontractors to assure quality work is completed on time and on budget
- Conduct punch-list inspections and manage contractors and vendors for timely completion
- Assure timely completion of punch-list items and project closeout
Leadership & Management Capabilities
- Manage and motivate project subcontractors and vendors to improve their performance
- Solicit and develop good working relationship with a variety of qualified subcontractors and vendors
- Quality and accurate work product delivered consistently on-time
- Work independently with little supervision of work product required by supervisor
- Use sound judgment in decision making responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Superior skills in customer service, communication, supervision.
- A minimum of 6 years of project experience and a 4-year degree in construction, engineering or architecture is required
- Procore, Bluebeam, E-mail, moderate to advanced MS Word, MS Project and Excel spreadsheet capability.
- This position requires strong leadership and supervisory skills for management of subcontractors.
What is Offered:
- Competitive Pay - $125,000-$140,000 DOE
- Performance bonus
- Generous benefits package - Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Opportunities for growth
- PTO and vacation
Wentworth Executive RecruitingWhy Work Here?
Rewarding Career Opportunity! Awesome CEO, Great Colleagues and Supportive Company Culture.
Wentworth Executive Recruiting is a RETAINED - Exclusive search firm that works directly with the CEO's of the company. We have a 'mindful' approach to working with our clients as well as our candidates.
AddressSan Francisco, CA