Software Engineer I
- Posted: over a month ago
The Wencor Group
Job Title: Software Engineer I - Wencor
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Software Developer Manager Direct reports: Indirect reports:
FLSA Status: Exempt Grade:
Overview of the Position:
The Information and Technology Department has an opening for a Software Engineer III located either at the company's headquarters in Peachtree City, Georgia or our Innovation Center in Provo, Utah.
The Software Engineer I will be a critical player in improving business processes by developing new (modern) applications and integrations, enhancing existing software, and evaluating third-party applications/tools as required by end users, departments & business units.
Utilizing Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies, the Software Engineer III will perform/lead program design, coding, system integration, development and execution of test plans, documentation and change management.
Must be competent working in an Agile/SCRUM environment; possess strong software development experience and skill set; have excellent written and verbal communication; demonstrate and maintain an understanding of business concepts; and exhibit a positive can-do attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work with End Users/Business Leader to gather business requirements and create software development plans in accordance with Agile/SCRUM principles.
- Participate in aligning custom business software with company growth strategies, market trends, acquisitions, etc.
- Continuously improve software development methodologies, internal procedures and technical tools to provide best value to the company
- Possess application and integration design methodologies, standards and best practices (SOA, OOAD, API, Web Services)
- Knowledgeable with industry standard processes (SDLC, Agile, Change Mgmt., ITIL, etc.)
- Understand full Software Development Lifecycle, build and deploy procedures, and quality control processes
- Experience with Data warehousing design and data modeling
- Technical and infrastructure architecture design knowledge
Education / Experience Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent; 1 to 3 years software development experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong proficiency in either C# or Swift
- Strong proficiency modeling, manipulating, and retrieving data from any major RDBMS (MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience accessing APIs, REST & SOAP web services
- Experience and comfort with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure providers (e.g. AWS, Azure).
- Possesses strong business acumen and sound judgment / decision-making skills.
- Quick learner with a positive attitude and professional demeanor, and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Comfortable taking initiative and working independently to achieve successful results with minimal guidance
- Confidently handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and see tasks through to completion
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within and outside the organization including Influencing and Change Management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people inside and outside the organization.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; and lift up to 10 pounds.
- Is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Is frequently required to talk or listen.
- Works in moderate noise levels.
- Travel up to 10%.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView all jobs at Wencor