Welty Engineering, Inc. is seeking an entry level Structural Engineer to join our team. Welty Engineering, Inc. is a multidiscipline engineering company that specializes in the Industrial and Agricultural markets. The qualified candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering or similar course study. Candidates will have taken and passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE or EIT) or have the potential to do so within one year from the time of hire.
· Upper division college courses in concrete, wood, steel, and/or earthquake engineering.
· Problem solving skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Quick learner.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· General knowledge of the 2016 California/International Building Code, ACI 318, AISC Steel Manual, and ASCE 7.
· Familiar with AutoCAD Architecture, SAP2000, Mathcad, Excel, Word, and associated platforms used in the structural engineering profession.
· A general understanding of the preparation of project plans and specifications.
· Ability to take field measurements and gather field data to assist in project design and engineering.
· Ability to clearly express and understand ideas and concepts through verbal, written and graphical communication.
0-3 years, field experience is a plus.
· Hourly Rate Based on Experience
· Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
· Paid Holidays
· Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision
· 401k Retirement Plan
· Group Life Insurance
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from and ABET/EAC accredited program.