Project Manager - Energy/Substation/T&D
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Welty provides professional construction management services, specializing in Lean Construction for clients in a variety of energy, healthcare, commercial, education, and hospitality markets nationwide. With offices in Akron and Cleveland, Ohio, Welty has been Enriching Lives through Great Construction and Building projects since 1945. Welty has the distinction of creating some of the most prestigious community projects including the world-renowned Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company’s new Global Headquarters, major renovations of the Pro Football of Fame, the FirstEnergy Transmission Control Center and is currently working on several Electric Utility Transmission and Distribution Projects in addition to many others.
At Welty Building Company, we live our terminal values of Openness, Passion, Teamwork, Integrity, and Customer Centricity (OPTIC). We bring a creative energy to our projects where every individual is an essential part of the team. The work we do is collaborative, with an entrepreneurial spirit, and opportunity for growth and improvement. With our cutting edge approach, we expand the boundaries of the way things have always been done in favor of innovation, and exceeding our client’s expectations. Welty does much more than construct and build great projects and buildings, we build relationships – with our clients, employees and the communities they serve.
Welty Building Company is looking for a Project Manager to lead projects in our energy division. The Project Manager will manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of the work related to the installation of new, rebuilding, and re-conductoring high-voltage overhead transmission lines, as well as oversight of substation projects. The Project Manager will report directly to the Senior Project Manager and is responsible for the profit and loss of the individual projects, the successful completion of the projects within the specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, the program management team, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and any other project stakeholder.
Major responsibilities for the Project Manager will include:
- Prepare proposals, assist in presentations, and participate in contract negotiations
- Provide overall management of projects from concept to completion including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout
- Drive project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs
- Assist with internal project financials, staffing, legal coordination, risk management, and human resource issues
- Serve as point of contact with owner regarding efforts such as client coordination, strategic planning, scope management, budget finances, subcontracting, environmental compliance and schedule attainment
- Assist in the development and implementation of project policies and procedures, project controls systems and the project execution plan
- Work closely with the Project Team to confirm deliverables and services are being provided to client's satisfaction
- Report regularly on progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, quality issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring home office support.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related field from an accredited curriculum
- Minimum of 5 years of high voltage transmission line or substation project experience with at least 3 years related project management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus but not mandatory
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contracts on project-related matters
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel
- Valid driver's license required
Welty offers competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should send their resumes along with contact information.
Welty Building Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
Welty Building Co.
Get fresh Assistant Project Construction Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.