Welsh & Associates, Inc. Kalamazoo, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Edison Neighborhood Association is on a mission to create a vibrant and equitable neighborhood that enhances quality for its residents and the surrounding Kalamazoo community. Their work is focused on civic betterment activities such as economic development and employment, urban planning, quality housing, public safety and human services.
The Executive Director is the leader and chief spokesperson for the organization, whose primary responsibilities will include strategic planning and implementation of the strategic initiatives through tactical actions. Though the executive director leads the organization’s direction and day-to-day activities, these responsibilities should be carried out in accordance with the direction provided by the board of directors and informed by thoughtful and innovative engagement with neighborhood residents. As a visionary leader, the Executive Director will strive to understand and meet the needs of the neighborhood’s most vulnerable residents, its business community, and strategic partners
Objectives of this Role
- Provide strategic direction by ensuring alignment with the organization’s mission and goals
- Fundraise and manage the day-to-day finances of the organization by leading efforts to increase and diversify funds. Maintain relationships with current sponsors, seek funding from additional sponsors, and lead grant-writing efforts.
- Conduct outreach as the public face of the Edison Neighborhood Association, to community stakeholders, partnering organizations, and governmental entities.
- Lead inclusive and equitable neighborhood engagement for the purposes of executing neighborhood plan and prioritizing related projects
- Respond to and resolve resident and neighborhood concerns and questions by answering directly or referring them to the appropriate source
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required/Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-5 years of leadership experience
- Demonstrated success in cultivating and maintaining community relationships
- Experience managing budgets
Welsh & Associates, Inc.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Welsh & Associates, Inc.