Social Worker - Family Preservation Worker (Families First) - Central UP Region
- $36,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Hello! Thank you for your interest in joining the Wellspring team as a Family Preservation Worker with the Families First Program. As a statewide nonprofit serving families and children in need of support, we take a whole-person approach to our organization and delivery of our services - because we believe we must find the strengths in people and build on these for lasting change to occur.
As a Family Preservation Worker within the Families First program at Wellspring, you'll be part of a team of social workers committed to helping families throughout Michigan's upper peninsula, including Marquette, Iron, Delta, Dickinson and Menominee counties. In this position, you'll be directly supporting communities across the region to help families get the resources they need. You will bring experience working with children and families and will hold a bachelor's degree in social work or a related human services field.You will bring current driver's license and have reliable transportation.
As a Family Preservation Worker, you will:
- Adheres to the Families First program model of service (strength-based, non-deficit approach).
- Provide and assist families in obtaining concrete services, such as housing, transportation, home cleaning, maintenance and repair, etc.
- Provide skills training including but not limited to, parenting, self-advocacy, self-sufficiency, and communication.
- Provide short term counseling and crisis intervention for families.
- Make collateral contacts to: arrange outpatient counseling or medical care; address educational needs; assist with utility needs; resolve housing issues with landlords, shelters or potential housing programs; and to connect families work with community resources.
- Prepare documentation (service plans, progress reports, termination summaries, goal sheets, weekly plans, time reports, letters, etc.) within the appropriate time frames.
- Prepare and present each case for termination conference with contractor, recommending follow-up services.
- Have a flexible work schedule based upon the needs of the family.
- Maintain face to face contact with families according to the contract defined frequency and the individual needs of each family.
- Maintain weekly contact, or more as needed, with referring workers.
- Complete follow-up evaluations of families at 3, 6 and 12 months in the specified time frame.
- Transport clients in your own vehicle.
Why Choose Wellspring?
You may be wondering why Wellspring would be a good option for you. Here are some of the benefits to being part of the family services team with Wellspring:
- You'll be part of a dedicated and caring team of social workers, administrative professionals and support staff
- You'll receive clinical supervision and help as needed
- You'll create meaningful connections with each team member and family
- Your starting pay will be $36,000 based on experience
- You'll be a part of a team that values communication as a priority
- You'll connect with the team 1-2x a week for meetings/trainings
- Hybrid-Remote: You'll be home-based with a flexible work schedule, and traveling into the communities to see clients in-home throughout Marquette, Iron, Delta, Dickinson and Menominee counties
- You'll receive mileage reimbursement
- You'll be able to enroll in our benefits, such as Health, Vision & Dental insurance, 403b Retirement plans, PTO
- You'll have the flexibility to be paid on demand with DailyPay
- You'll have access to Wellspring SupportLinc, which is an employee assistance plan
This position reports to the Wellspring MARQUETTE office:
Wellspring Lutheran Services
1250 Wilson St, Suite 102
Marquette, MI 49855
Full Job Description available during the interview. #ZREmployment Type: Hybrid / Full-Time
Wellspring Lutheran ServicesMarquette, MI
Get fresh Social Worker - Family Preservation Worker (Families First) - Central UP Region jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.