Responsible for conducting the development and completion of the Resident Assessments (RAI), which include the Minimum Data Set (MDS) care plan and additional assessments in accordance with best practice guidelines, and current federal, state, and Facility standards, guidelines and regulations.
- Conduct MDS scheduled and unscheduled, assessments, care plans, and care plan conferences for residents and can assist with other MDS units, in accordance with Facility standards, and current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility
- Ensure completion of MDS per RAI guidelines, including dating and signing each MDS to indicate that the assessment has been completed; if the MDS/Nurse is a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), it will be cosigned by a Registered Nurse
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team, Licensed Nursing Meetings any other meetings deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Oversee that the SNF care plan has been established in accordance with Facility and regulatory guidelines and is reviewed based on the residents MDS and reflects the resident’s current condition
- Assure quality nursing care is being provided on the assigned unit/neighborhood Complete follow-up with CNAs and nursing staff to ensure the best possible resident care
- Participate in quality assurance and performance improvements process to include assigned monitoring, audits, and unusual occurrences investigations
- Participate in Facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies
- Perform tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances
- Participate in staff meetings and education programs designated for attendance
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be currently licensed in Michigan as Registered Nurse
- Preferred: Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum one year experience in health care setting, prefer geriatric and/or restorative nursing
- Prefer one or more years of experience at a Wellspring facility
Wellspring Lutheran Services, Registered Nurse (RN), Geriatric, Senior Services, Residential, Skilled Nursing Facility, Healthcare, Frankenmuth