This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in a booming industry and a rapidly-growing company that makes CBD accessible to those who need it most. The Extraction Technician is responsible for producing cannabis oil/extract through various extraction techniques and processes. They are expected to have a firm understanding of chemical principals that are being applied during processing. They are also expected to record essential processing information during production and report the information electronically on each batch that is processed. Making hands-on decisions will surround the following principles: Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity. This role will report directly to the Production Manager and be responsible for the following:
· Organizing and preparing product for distillation
· Crude oil extraction and collection
· Occasional performance of refining and distillation procedures
· Record and report various production measurements onto physical batch records, and transfer measurements into electronic logs and tracking software
· Record and report any production, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration operations performed in equipment logbooks
· Report any variation or deviation from expected values for process times, yields, and any other defined product characteristics throughout the production process to management
· Assist in proposing changes to documentation or production processes to improve safety (from a consumer and laboratory staff viewpoint), improve product quality and production efficiencies, and to reduce delivery time and product failures
· Assist and log the disposal of all waste materials
· Accurate and consistent completion of required paperwork and compliance requirements
· Contributing to and improving standard operating procedures (SOPs)
· Additional Duties as needed
- Operate filtration system
- Prepare equipment and crude oil for distillation
- Perform distillation
- Rotary evaporation recovery of ethanol
- Operate extraction equipment in safe and efficient manner
- Must follow all applicable policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes the safe and proper operation of any/all applicable machinery, instrumentation, and equipment
- Perform cannabis oil extractions and filtration
- Work as part of a team to meet production schedules
- Record data in lab notebooks, and extraction logbooks
- Weigh distillate; prepare samples for isolation and testing
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, with co-workers and management.
- Practice good housekeeping habits throughout the facility with focus and personal contributions towards a clean and organized work area at the end of the assigned shift
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and is able to identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident.
- Flexibility and the ability to shift work schedule according to production needs.
- Other duties as assigned
· Previous experience work in BHO extraction or working in a lab environment
· Understanding of extraction, refining, and distillation.
· Experience in distillation, filtering, and or solvent removal strongly preferred
· Able to follow detailed instructions and guidelines
· Mechanical inclination preferred
· Collaborative but able to work independently
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Maintains a positive can do attitude in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
· Adaptable and reliable
· Able to lift 40+ lbs.