About the Position:
· Assist with plant cultivation from seedling to harvest
· Use hand and gardening tools (scissors, scalpels, measuring, etc.)
· Maintain and clean the cultivation area and tools as per sanitation standards
· Prune and water plants
· Clone, plant and fertilize plants
· Harvest plants
· Transplant and label plants into new growing areas or pots
· Fill water tanks
· Identify potential pests and diseases
· Treat plants for pests and diseases
· Update information about plant health and growth into digital journal
· Inspect and notate plant color and other features that suggest insects or disease
· Assess quality via visual inspection
· Wash containers, trays, lights and gardening tools
· Stake weakened plants for extra support
· Additional duties and special projects as assigned including driving and packaging
Basic Minimum Requirements
· Must be 21 years of age and eligible to work in the United States
. Must be able to pass BCI/FBI background check
· Must be able to work in all Greenhouse conditions including wet, humid, dusty, dirty, and extreme hot/cold temperatures.
· Must be able to lift or move up to 50lbs
· Job requires employees to be on their feet for long periods of time, sit, climb, balance, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch or crawl with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Must be able to work as a part of a team and communicate in a respectful manner when speaking to clients, other greenhouse teams, managers, and coworkers.
We are looking for individuals who have excellent attention to detail, who are hardworking, reliable and have a good attitude and are ready to learn! If you think you would be a good fit for this position, we encourage you to apply.