Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Conduct Risk is an Independent Risk Management function responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining an enterprise-wide program to manage conduct risk; independently overseeing the identification, measurement, assessment, monitoring, aggregation and reporting of conduct risk; overseeing and independently and credibly challenging the Front Line's execution of its conduct risk management responsibilities; and communicating the importance of conduct risk management throughout the Company, consistent with Wells Fargo's Vision, Values & Goals.
Conduct Risk Senior Consultant - Independent Monitoring Program
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Conduct Risk Senior Consultant to join our Policy and Governance team within Conduct Risk. This team works across the Conduct Risk and plays and integral role in establishing Conduct Risk's independent monitoring program.
The person selected for this role will be responsible for assisting with the establishment and execution of the Independent Monitoring program. Maintains an awareness of the state of operational/compliance risk across the enterprise and provides subject matter expertise; ensures that all business issues are proactively identified and addressed appropriately, escalating where necessary; maintains collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the execution of Independent Monitoring program including: execution of program plan, scope, schedule, and sampling methodology, as well as ongoing maintenance of the monitoring program. The program currently executes across all enterprise groups responsible for the management and disposition of allegation cases.
- Working with process owners to determine root cause analysis and leveraging monitoring results to consult process owners and leaders on enhancements that should be made to process/controls such as revising procedures, establishing additional controls, enhancing current controls, and training
- Working with the Conduct Risk to report results, issues identified, and corrective action plans
**May consider other locations within the Corporate Risk footprint**.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: conduct risk, compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk); or 5+ years of business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 2+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Financial services experience
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding the financial services industry
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- 2+ years of testing or quality assurance experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of operational risk management in the financial services industry
- Experience working in conduct-related oversight role such as ethics, internal fraud, UDAAP, or complaints management, or business specific experience handling processes with conduct related risks
- Experience developing and implementing testing/ monitoring and validation oversight
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with varying levels of the organization including Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate complex programs and initiatives and provide credible challenge to opportunities and concerns
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
OR-Portland: 1300 Sw 5th Ave - Portland, OR
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.