Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers, in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Our Default Servicing team engages, understands and advises consumer real estate customers of available solutions to resolve mortgage delinquencies.
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is seeking to hire an Analytic Consultant 5 for the Servicing Analytics team. This position will be responsible for delivering best-in-class support to multiple business lines and executive management through in-depth analysis and interpretation of results.
This job requires a strong analytic mind set and extensive experience in application of analytical methodology to derive insights from Big Data. This is an individual contributor role focusing on leading and driving complex analytic works as well as regulatory and high visibility data demands.
The Analytic Consultant 5 will work on a cross functional team supporting Investor Services. Responsible for performing highly complex activities related to business analysis, operation risk identification and identifying strategic solutions. Responsible for senior level consulting partnerships including delivery of findings and recommendations. Duties typically include providing insights, developing analytical strategies, performing analytical support and/or solutions regarding a wide array of business initiatives. Designs and leads some of the most complex projects / analyses, generally spanning multiple products / business lines / functional areas/data sources. Applies knowledge of business, customers, and / or products / services / portfolios to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective. Data involved typically very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources. To a certain degree, may be involved directly in the technical build-out and / or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and / or advanced data visualization. Leads project / virtual teams & mentors lower level staff. May manage a small team.
Specifically this individual will have responsibility to:
Establish relationships with Servicing Leaders.
Coordinate and drive common approach to regulatory and compliance metrics/reporting.
Ensure adherence to all aspects of operational and compliance risk management policies.
Develop expertise on multiple data sources
Create and implement data quality standards and structure
Aggregate data across functions, roles and sites as needed
Write / code SQL and/or SAS (Oracle, SQL , Teradata) and use advanced data mining capabilities to retrieve data from various sources
Leverage and coordinate the use of enterprise automation tools.
Transformation of data into information and provides information and strategic insight that will assist leaders decision-making relative to corporate products, services and process improvements that impact business outcomes.
Define measurement standards and collaborate with business partners to achieve consistent agreement and application of definitions, measurements and interpretation.
Leads project/virtual teams & mentors lower level staff
***This position may close early due to volume***
**May consider other Servicing Hubs**
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 5+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- 4+ years of mortgage industry experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage industry operations
- Good quantitative analysis skills including statistics
- Ability to prepare and present senior level communications
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to research, compile, and perform complex analysis on critical operational data
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of default loan servicing
- Experience with technical writing, e.g. Business Requirements documents, data mapping documents, test cases
- Financial Analyst background
- Default Mortgage Servicing knowledge
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
MN-Saint Louis Park: 300 Highway 169 S - Saint Louis Park, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 11601 N Black Canyon Hwy - Phoenix, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.