We're looking for a collaborative Client Service Associate that can provide comprehensive support to a successful financial planning team located in Birmingham, MI. The ideal candidate will be competent in gathering and analyzing client data, assisting in client transactions, and identifying and anticipating client, financial advisor, and office needs. The Client Service Associate enhances the client experience and must maintain a high level of client service and office support. In order to perform daily business practices, we have a strong preference for candidates possessing 5+ years of industry experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative, clerical, and office support to financial advisors and senior staff.
- Interact daily on phone, e-mail, and in person with prospective and existing clients including handling basic inquiries.
- Assist clients with transaction services and provide solutions in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Process and follow up on client documentation to ensure proper maintenance of accounts.
- Prepares letters, forms, and spreadsheets to assist with servicing existing clients and prospecting for new clients.
- Creates and maintains records and files.
- Ensures required client paperwork is current with industry requirements, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains databases and creates reports using portfolio software programs.
- Review money movement and deposits and escalate issues to management as necessary.
- Five or more years of industry experience strongly preferred.
- High school diploma required.
- Four year college degree strongly preferred (accounting, finance, economics, or related).
- Active, or in process of attaining, Series 7 and 66 Licenses strongly preferred.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal and client service skills.
- Must be detail oriented with strong math and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast pace environment.
- Experience working in client service environment.
- Ability to operate with limited/ minimal supervision.
- Team player with the ability collaborate with others.
- Room for growth.
- Medical/ dental/ vision insurance.
- Safe Harbor 401K (3% match).
- Paid vacation and sick time off.
The employer is a well-established financial planning and wealth management practice.