Care Coordinator - Wraparound
We are excited to be offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus! Join our team!
Wellpoint Care Network Employees are the GOAT (Greatest of All Time)!
Wellpoint Care Network – the 2021 BizTimes large non-profit of the year – is seeking a competent, compassionate, and career-oriented professional to serve as our Care Coordinator - Wraparound.
We are deeply committed to the welfare and protection of children, and our goal is to strengthen and support families. In every effort, from receiving hotline calls to reaching family reunification or foster care and adoption, children and families are our focus. Our mission is to facilitate equity, learning, healing, and wellness by restoring the connections that help children and families thrive.
Our Care Coordinator - Wraparound role is responsible for crisis planning and response (in home and when youth are placed outside the primary caregiver ‘s home), connection to mental health resources, and planning for family stability and/or placement in a primary caregiver’s home. Service provision includes assessment of needs, referral, and connection to network and/or community services, and planning for family sustainability.
- Facilitates all aspects of care coordination services for children and families receiving Wraparound services.
- Creates Individualized Plan of Care and Crisis Plan based on identified strengths and needs of the family.
- Provides or secures support and crisis/emergency services for the child/family as needs arise.
- Facilitates team meetings and home visits, and testifying in court, as required.
- Collaborates with necessary individuals the child/family may have contact with, such as Child Welfare Case Managers, Human Service Workers, Attorneys, Teachers, Therapists, etc.
- Completes and maintains all necessary paperwork in a strength-based and quality manner per agency and program requirements including Court Letters, Change of Placements, Service Authorization Requests and Referrals, Plans of Care and Crisis Plans, and Progress Notes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, human services, education required OR Bachelor’s degree in another field with one (1) year of continued experience providing mental health services required.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to take initiative and act quickly and independently when the situation demands it; sees a need and takes appropriate action without being prompted or reminded; demonstrates ability to effectively deal with crisis situations.
- Ability to exhibit professionalism while working effectively and harmoniously with staff, program participants, social service agencies, legal parties, and the public.
- Demonstrate an ability to effective understanding and practice of cultural humility and ability work and communicate respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficient in the usage of computer software; demonstrate an understanding of computer file systems and computer software packages, e.g., Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Teams, ADP, etc.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required.
- Physical exam, drug screen, motor vehicle report, and background checks are required for this position.
Position Details & Extras:
- Full time with benefits.
- Hybrid / on-site work is available with reliable broadband connection.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) may apply.
- Reimbursement for mileage.
- Bilingual stipends.
- Interaction with personnel, clients, family members, visitors, volunteers, interns, and vendors under all conditions and circumstances.
- Fast paced, flexible work schedule.
- Incumbents will occasionally need to be available for extra hours and/or provide flexibility to accommodate special events, peak demand or staff shortages.
- Frequent local travel required, may include transportation of clients.
Wellpoint Care Network is a Wisconsin provider of family-centered care and educational services. As a national leader of Trauma Informed Care – a philosophy and practice that acknowledges the profound effects of trauma on the developing brain – we are passionate about delivering quality, evidence-informed care to help children and families overcome trauma and thrive.
Wellpoint provides a rich continuum of services, including:
- Child Welfare and Foster Care
- Support for youth who have aged out of care
- Care Coordination and Wraparound services
- Mental health therapy and supports such as The Clinic @ Wellpoint, Family Preservation, Caregiver Support, Integrated Community Treatment
- Professional education and clinical consultation (for organizations, schools, and individual/family)
We are committed to enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion and strongly encourage minority candidates to apply. For more information, visit our website www.wellpointcare.org.
To protect the health and well-being of our employees, clients and community members we come in contact with on a daily basis, Wellpoint has decided to mandate the COVID vaccine for all employees or be approved with a qualified exemption. Please note that job candidates must be partially vaccinated within thirty (30) days of hire, and fully vaccinated within sixty (60) days of hire or approved for an exemption.
Wellpoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Wellpoint Care NetworkMilwaukee, WI
HealthcareView All Wellpoint Care Network Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.