Our Clinical Phlebotomy Assistant ensures proper laboratory techniques and paperwork for accurate laboratory procedures.
- Complete an accredited course in Phlebotomy
- One (1) or more years of technical laboratory experience preferred
- Current CPR Certification
1. Maintain a working knowledge of phlebotomy procedures and techniques.
2. Schedule patients for laboratory tests ordered by the Health Care Practitioner including outside laboratory services when required.
3. Ensure proper laboratory techniques and paperwork for accurate laboratory procedures.
4. Assist physician in performing studies as requested.
5. Maintain accurate identification of laboratory specimens, requisitions, and reports.
6. Check and maintain laboratory equipment in clean, proper, safe working order.
7. Report any equipment malfunction, take appropriate safety steps, and report repair needs to supervisor.
8. Complete required reports; requisition and/or order supplies and schedule any appropriate service.
9. Assist with the development and update departmental policies and procedures.
10. Coordinate schedule with other activities to promote efficient service.
11. Report any unusual occurrences or accidents to the Director of Health Services Administrator.
12. Maintains cleanliness of work area.
13. Performs other duties as required related to clinic scheduling, care management, PTRAX data entry and optical ordering.
14. Maintains universal precautions.
15. Ensures all sharps are secure and accounted for.
16. Maintains phlebotomy and medical supplies.
17. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
18. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
19. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
20. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
21. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
22. Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
23. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
So,to Join our Talent Community today!
Location PA, Albion
Facility SCI Albion
Shift Day 8 hour
Recruiter Christina Barnhart