Under the direction of the Regional Mental Health Director (RMHD), Health Services Administrator (HSA), Program Manager (PM), or higher licensed medical professional, the Mental Health Professional will be responsible for providing diagnostic evaluations and therapy counseling using applied psychotherapy of a non-medical nature to persons served in compliance with all applicable LCSW and MFT standards, state and federal rules and regulations.
Education for Mental Health Professional:
- High school and specialized training for licensing/certification(s)
- Three (3) years of experience providing treatment to adults with various mental health disabilities
- Experience providing case management services for a population; discharge planning experience with a persons served population; demonstrated ability in providing clinical mental health services to an adult population with serious mental illness or co-occurring disorders of serious mental illness and chemical dependency; and working with a diverse multi-disciplinary team and persons served population
- Knowledge of dual diagnosis treatment practices including non-pharmacological symptom management techniques.
- Experience with Crisis/Risk Management
- Advanced knowledge of assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, discharge planning and excellent documentation skills.
- Current (and must maintain) LMFT or LCSW or Psychologist or LPC or LMHC license in state of practice
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS certification through AHA
1. Triages and conducts intakes, evaluations and/or assessments on patients admitted to outpatient housing unit and/or referred by Security, Healthcare staff, and other Community sources and makes appropriate recommendations to the healthcare unit and security staff regarding the direction or required level of careo Refer all 5150 eligible persons served to the County Mental Health and/or Emergency Room for evaluationo Recommends special housing or special watch and/or observations to security based on clinical findingso Identifies and conducts other essential treatment services such as, psychoeducational groups, art therapy, pre-release counseling and other transitional groups, when appropriate or when applicableo Recommends and provides treatment plans, such as other non-pharmacological treatments or services such as group or individual therapy, when appropriate, for persons served on his/her caseload and in all areas of the correctional facility with regular updates when neededo When applicable, initiates involuntary hospitalization for those persons served who need to be transferred to outside Mental Health facilities and generates appropriate paperwork relevant to the hospitalization
2. Assesses for Suicide Ideation and provides suicide intervention and management of suicidal and high-risk persons served
3. Conducts daily rounds and evaluations to assess the treatment needs of persons served that request or desire mental health services within the correctional facility setting
4. Hold daily sick call, evaluate patients, obtain medication history, verify current medication consult with medical provider/psychiatrist to continue psychotropic medications, and discuss conditions falling outside protocol perimeters
5. Recommends medication evaluations to the MD when necessary and coordinates closely with the Prescriber or Psychiatrist to ensure that persons served requiring evaluation or re-evaluation for medication are seen in a timely manner and the Prescriber is aware of any information pertinent to the persons served clinical condition
6. Assists in the management of medications and is able to identify when persons served are at risk due to side effects
7. Provides consultation to security and healthcare staff regarding persons served behavior, safety concerns or other mental health concerns
8. Is able to provide linkage and/or discharge planning services when necessary or when appropriate or applicable
9. Responds to and provides mental health crisis intervention in psychiatric emergencies as identified for the entire facility
10. Provides clinical supervision for persons served on his/her caseload
11. When applicable, participates in the treatment programming and planning discussion of problem cases, follow up and monitoring of medication, and general psychiatric input
12. Attends regular treatment team multidisciplinary meetings, classification meetings, or other required administrative meetings
13. Participates in CQI and/or QA studies and group sessions
14. Monitors the clinical condition and treatment needs of special persons served population (e.g. Guilty but Mentally Ill or persons served receiving anti-psychotic medication) as determined necessary by institution or agency directive or policy
15. Works effectively with all staff including security, healthcare and administrative staff
16. Provide on-call services as needed
17. Provides staff training in relevant mental health issues such as signs and symptoms of mental illness, management of mentally ill persons served, crisis intervention and related topics
18. Chart all findings in persons served record providing written summaries of history, diagnosis and treatment course or other documentation requirements as outlined by CMGC and Facility
19. Provides services in compliance with Facility and Company Safety and Mental Health Policies and Procedures
20. Participate in Quality Management Peer Review activities and staff training
21. May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process of potential staff
22. May assist in orientation and training of new employees
23. Responsible for the performance evaluations and successful training of direct reports
24. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
So,to Join our Talent Community today!
Location CA, Fairfield
Facility Solano County Facilities
Shift Day 8 hour
Recruiter Cheryl Klarich