Under direct supervision and direction of the Regional Mental Health Director (RMHD), Health Services Administrator (HSA), Program Manager (PM) or higher licensed medical professional, the Mental Health Professional Supervisor is responsible for planning, coordinating, developing and implementing a professional individual and group counseling program for assigned patients/clients in compliance with Company, facility and correctional healthcare directives. The Mental Health Professional Supervisor provides supervision to the mental health staff with the assistance of the RMHD, HSA or PM.
Education for Mental Health Professional:
- MA degree in mental health related course of study
- Minimum of two years correctional/detention facility experience
- At least four years' experience as a licensed clinician.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Licensed for at least four (4) years prior to beginning any supervision
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS certification through AHA
1. Review patient/client health information, conducts mental health assessment and, as necessary, make recommendations with regard to the patient's treatment and housing
2. Provide direct aid to patients with personal needs or problems, i.e. sickness, injury, family problems, emergencies, etc.
3. Provide personal and social adjustment counseling on an individual and group basis in coordination with Administration and other facility programs
4. Monitor patient/client progress and coordinates problem cases and points out areas in which guidance and development techniques can be improved
5. Chart all findings in patient's medical record providing written summaries of history, diagnosis and treatment course or other documentation requirements as outlined by CMGC and Facility
6. Maintains required documentation throughout all encounters, provides accessibility of notes for staff by following filing policies, and ensures transfer of information by producing organized and legible notes
7. Recommend and conduct training sessions to develop greater proficiency among facility staff in areas of guidance and social adjustment
8. Recommend medical or psychiatric evaluation for emotional or psychological problems or based on reported symptoms by the patient and take remedial action as warranted by results
9. Maintain contact with patient/client family, as appropriate
10. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors, intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed and provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques
11. Maintain accountability of staff, patients and property; adhere to safety practices
12. Provide assistance and training regarding Suicide Prevention
13. There may be a requirement to be on call
14. Creating and updating the schedule for the Mental Health Professionals, ensuring proper coverage to meet the demands of the correctional facility and within the Contractual FTE hours and under the approval of the HSA/PM
15. Involved in screening and interviewing applicants for open Mental Health Professional and Mental Health technician positions
16. Assist in the orientation and training of new employees
17. Responsible for the performance evaluations and successful training of direct reports
18. Assist HSA/PM in resolving procedural and operational issues as they arise, and implementing departmental policy
19. Assist HSA/PM in developing, implementing and teaching a training program for the Mental Health Professionals
20. Attend and participate in the quarterly Medical Administration Council (MAC) meeting
21. Ensuring appropriate mental health data regarding requests for mental health services and output by mental health professionals are being collected and recorded per CMGC Policy & Procedure, NCCHC Standards for Health Services in Correctional Facilities, and State Commission on Correctional Facilities Standards
22. Reviewing documentation submitted to the mental health professionals as requested by the County Mental Health
23. Communicating regularly with the Correctional Facility diversion team regarding high acuity patients that will be discharged soon or are Lifepath Systems consumers
24. Assist HSA with employee correction action needs identification and corrective action plan and annual mental health employee performance reviews process
25. Participate in detention officer training opportunities for mental health to include academy training
26. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
So,to Join our Talent Community today!
Location CA, San Luis Obispo
Facility San Luis Obispo County
Shift Day 8 hour
Recruiter Cheryl Klarich