Wellpath is presently looking for a PRN Licensed Practical Nurse to join the team at the Sheridan County Detention Center in Sheridan, WY!
• Supportive Environment
• Flexible Work Schedule
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Relocation Assistance
• Serve the Underserved
• Competitive Pay
As a nurse with Wellpath, you will have the opportunity to practice patient care the way you’ve always wanted. Our nurses enjoy competitive pay and benefits in an autonomous though supportive work environment. Numerous growth opportunities are available to our nurses while feeling that they are continually using their nursing skills and abilities.
Our Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the supervision of the RN(s), directs and guides patient teaching and activities that commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
Education for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
Experience for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- One (1) or more years clinic experience preferred
Licenses/Certifications for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) within the state
- Current CPR certification
- Under supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Assists in planning an individual treatment program by using available resources in planning care, and consults with RNs and other staff as appropriate while applying knowledge and resources in planning care and patient teaching.
- Implements individualized treatment programs as directed by the Health Care Practitioner.
- Count controlled substances, syringes, needles and sharps at the beginning of each shift with another staff member and sign count logs.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols. Intervenes with proper safety techniques, procedures and standard precautions.
- Responds to a code or health emergency within standard guidelines.
- Implements medical plan through administering medications in accordance with Health Care Practitioner's orders and protocols: Administers medications according to proper techniques and procedures including IV therapy (when certified) and all other approved routes of administration. Uses pharmacy knowledge and available resources to include drug reaction and overdose in administration of medications.
- Implements medical plans through obtaining diagnostic tests in accordance with Health Care Practitioner's orders and protocols: Obtains body fluid specimens and performs EKG's using proper techniques and procedures. Communicates information to ancillary departments using established referral process.
- Assists the Health Care Practitioner in medical or minor surgical procedures as necessary and/or requested to meet individual needs of patients.
- Implement nutrition and therapeutic diet plan through proper techniques and procedures as ordered by Health Care Practitioner.
- Documents nursing encounters using the SOAP form of charting as required by policy and procedure.
- Communicates information to nursing staff, physician, health care unit supervisory personnel and other staff as necessary.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings and training.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
We believe in transforming public health by delivering hope and healing to those who need it most. We treat our patients with the dignity and compassion they deserve, because we care about them as human beings.
We also care about the heartbeat of our company — our amazing doctors, nurses, mental health providers and other clinical staff members who answer the call to help the under served each and every day. We value the relationships we have with our client partners because they join us in our team effort to provide the finest healthcare available.
We are Wellpath. We are the right people, striving to do the right thing. We will continue to create healthier communities — wherever we go, wherever we grow — one patient at a time.