Wellpath is presently seeking a PRN Emergency Medical Technician to join the team at the Josephine County Jail in Grants Pass, OR
Our Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) provides general emergency care to patients including initial examination upon in-take and responding to day-to-day medical issues with patient patients and responding to medical emergencies
- Requires successful completion of an Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic course
- Prior experience in a correctional or jail setting preferred
- Requires unrestricted current certification or registration in state of practice
- Provides rapid response to apparent medical emergencies throughout the correctional facility.
- Must be proficient in CPR and recognizing needs to use this technique.
- Must be competent in handling emergencies utilizing basic life support equipment.
- Assesses and identifies health problems of new patients and develops medical record.
- Administers prescribed treatment and medication to patient patients as needed and medically required, and within licensing authorization.
- Documents all prescription drug use for patient patients according to established drug recordkeeping practices.
- Prepares equipment and assists physician and/or physician extender during examination and treatment. Sterilizes and maintains equipment so it is ready for the next use.
- Documents medical history and treatment of patient patients, using standard medical record procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of health records and protected health information (PHI) in compliance with HIPAA requirements.
- Is aware of emergency procedures in the event of emergency or crisis situations and the appropriate plan of action governed by triage and written guidelines.
- Willing to assist coworkers in job duties and work overtime if required. May act as a resource to other coworkers.
- Provides clear and concise communication (written and verbal) to coworkers, supervisors, jail administration and patients.
- Provide/participate in monthly continuing education meetings within the correctional facility.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer