Wellpath is presently seeking a Full-time Discharge Planner to join the team at the Lane County Jail in Eugene, OR.
Under the direction of the Health Services Administrator (HSA), Program Manager (PM), or higher licensed medical professional, the Discharge Planner specializes in pre-release or post-release case management. He/she will assist in the coordination of community services for each person served and is responsible for the assessment of all patients’ discharge planning needs. He/she will assist in the implementation of re-entry care plans and provide ongoing support to all person served in the areas of community behavioral health resources, substance abuse treatment, housing, employment, social relationships, education assistance and other relevant needs.
- Completion of an accredited Social Work, RN or LVN program
- One year experience as a Discharge Planner in an acute setting or case management/care coordination in a mental health facility
- Previous correctional/detention facility experience
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS certification through AHA
- Unrestricted current license in state of practice
- Discharge planning for all person served on the behavioral health caseload
- Provision of case management services
- Pre-release and post-release interviews
- Contact with agency resources prior to release; contact with case manager/clinician/liaison working with patient in the community
- Ensure scripts for medications are received upon discharge; provision of resources to obtain scripts or medications
- Coordination of medical benefits, social security, and other such services
- Coordination of outside behavioral health or substance abuse services
- Coordination of housing placement
- Provide relevant clinical information and data for quality initiative purposes
- Conduct groups and educational sessions on topics pertaining to: Life, Job and Parenting Skills
- May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process of potential staff
- May assist in orientation and training of new employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer