Wellness Works Management Partners is looking for an experienced remote medical billing specialist with incredible communication skills, work ethic, and a strong background and specialization in Pediatric Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Speech Therapy. This position will begin as part-time but has the potential to grow to full-time employment. This position can also be connected to an Independent Contractor if the candidate has a comprehensive pediatric billing company.
This role will be responsible for:
- Monitor all payer types on unresolved claims by running appropriate reports and contacting insurance companies to resolve claims that are not paid in a timely manner.
- Identify coding or billing problems from EOBs and work to correct the errors in a timely manner.
- Identify problem accounts and escalate as appropriate.
- Identify trends and make suggestions on process improvements.
- Appeal for denied claims as appropriate.
- Enter detailed notes to provide an audit trail for future follow up.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of pediatric OT/PT/SLP healthcare-related experience
- Knowledge with CMS 1500 Billing Forms, EOBs, claims, coding and charges is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of third-party and insurance companies and operating procedures, regulations and billing requirements, i.e. Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
- Ability to read and understand the information provided on EOB's, remittance advice, and other insurance correspondence
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be professional in both appearance and approach
- Must be organized, detailed and focused
- Customer service skills with the ability to interact with clients
- Ability to prioritize work, handling daily and multiple tasks to completion within the time allotted while working as part of a team within a demanding environment
If you are interested, please include a strong cover letter, resume, and complete our questionnaire thoroughly.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro