Busy outpatient physical therapy clinic is looking for a Medical Biller responsible for the timely submissions of medical claims to insurance companies.
Attention to detail and experience with the electronic and paper systems used in medical billing is a MUST.
• Obtaining referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures.
• Checking eligibility and benefits verification for treatments.
• Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness, and obtaining any missing information.
• Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
• Following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe.
• Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance
• Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
• Researching and appealing denied claims.
• Setting up patient payment plans and work collection accounts
Experience Required :
Proficiency in the following areas is preferred:
• Knowledge of insurance guidelines including HMO/PPO, and other payer requirements and systems.
• Competent use of computer systems, software, and 10 key calculators.
• Familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 Coding.
• Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues.
• .Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections. A calm manner and patience working with either patients or insurers during this process.
• Maintaining patient confidentiality as per the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
• Ability to multitask.