EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace Engineering required or technical degree and experience equivalent to degree will be considered. AAS in an engineering discipline with significant foundry experience will be considered.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years Foundry Engineering experience
- Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
PROBLEM SOLVER: Performs a variety of engineering assignments in development and production support of Magnesium and Aluminum aerospace sand castings. Implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost-efficient manner. Investigates and resolves work-in-process problems. Recommends and implements improvements and/or modifications in sequence of operations and related matters. Monitors assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
- Design gating, riser and chilling system for aluminum and magnesium aerospace castings to ensure compliance with all customers’ specifications
- In conjunction with tooling engineer, manufacturing and pattern shop personnel, determine the optimum tool design for the manufacturing processes
- Design and determine development samples and trial castings or programs, process and review through all manufacturing, inspection and dimensional departments
- Interpret inspection results, investigate nonconforming castings and institute corrective action, sample and confirm corrective measures, document and amend process procedures
- Investigate and resolve production problems
- Review and interpret customer drawings.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining part number work instructions for all casting process areas
- Communication and concurrent engineering with customer technical and commercial groups
- Be familiar with customer and regulatory specifications
- Be familiar with all internal work instructions and forms, and maintain good ISO practices
These job duties are not all inclusive. The Company, from time to time, may require the incumbent to perform additional duties as assigned.
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.