Medical Billing Manager
Do you stand out as a LEADER AMONG BILLING MANAGERS? Are you looking for a company that will appreciate, support, and reward you? We are searching for a superstar Billing/AR specialist who inspires others to contribute their talents to the team. Our team needs a hardworking self-starter with high energy, positive energy and works well with others - someone who wants to get the compensation and recognition that they deserve! If you are a high-energy, productive team player and effective manager, then apply now and claim this position as yours.
The Billing Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient collection of our practice’s entire revenue cycle. This person needs to be a focused and results driven professional who will oversee and run the billing department of a 9 doctor practice.
Salary Rate will be commensurate with your skills and experience.
Ophthalmology Experience HIGHLY preferred but not a requirement
- Leading the Billing/AR department to greatness and efficient performance
- Maintain a systematic and organized approach to overturning claim denials the first time
- Take instruction well, while also being able to independently function
- Proactively look for ways to improve collection process and streamline the approach
- Maintain updated knowledge of the healthcare industry and learn the new policies set by insurance companies
- Be organized in performing tasks and executing goals; opening mail, creating deposits, tracking AR, working with the rest of the AR team
· Responsible for overseeing all aspects of billing from verifying benefits, to prior authorizations, to posting charges and all aspects of collections and AR.
· Retrieve patient information, work aged accounts and reconcile daily logs/reports for patient insurance billing and accounts receivable claims through online insurance company websites.
- Maintain professional growth and certifications by attending and participating in corporate, departmental, and individual training & development programs to develop and enhance skills.(Conferences, webinars, seminars, company/departmental meetings, courses, etc.) Enters patient information, such as insurance ID, diagnosis, procedure codes and modifiers, necessary to process insurance claims in practice’s billing software and ensures accuracy.
- Creates insurance or patient aging reports using medical practice billing software and uses these reports to identify unpaid insurance or patient balances.
Responsible for overseeing team activities including but not limited to:
· Submitting insurance claims to clearinghouse or individual insurance companies electronically or via paper CMS-1500 form.
- Answering patient questions regarding patient balances, copays, deductibles, write-offs and more.
- Explaining why certain services are not covered and resolves patient complaints.
- Following up with insurance providers regarding unpaid and rejected claims; Resolves issues and re-submits claims.
- Preparing appeal letters to insurance carriers and collects necessary information to appeal denied claims.
- Working with patients to establish payment plans for past due accounts in accordance with provider policies.
- Providing necessary information to the collection agency for delinquent accounts.
- Posting insurance and patient payments using practice’s billing software.
- Performing “soft” collections for patient past due accounts by phone and US mail.
- Preparing and submits secondary claims upon processing by primary insurer.
- Following HIPAA guidelines in handling patient information.
- Understanding managed care authorization and coverage limits, such as the number visits.
- Verifying patients benefit eligibility and coverage.
Other duties as assigned.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Continued Education
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Billing: 2 – 5 years (Preferred)
- Accounts Receivable Collection in a Medical Capacity: 2 – 5 years
- Completion of an educational program (Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Ophthalmic Coding Specialist (OCS)) is preferred but not required.
- Las Vegas, NV (Preferred)