- Posted: 15 hours ago
Under general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Maintenance Lead, will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical/electrical equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, production machines, HVAC systems, boilers, pumps, liquid fillers, packaging equipment, material handling equipment, bulk delivery equipment and blending/mixing systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform immediate repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment.
• Overhaul and install new equipment.
• Complete work orders as assigned.
• Perform equipment changeovers and production line set-ups.
• Responsible for troubleshooting and providing immediate preventative and corrective maintenance support to production lines and facilitating changeover.
• Responsible for basic fabrication and design special projects.
• Maintain and ensure a clean and safe work environment for all employees.
• Must comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs).
• Identifying current and potential problems, generating solutions consistent with department goals and company policies.
• Responsible for repair, maintenance of all plant machinery including, but not limited to fillers, cappers, labelers, sleevers, conveyors, seamers, heat tunnels, boilers, compressors, and descramblers.
• Must maintain work area consistent with company quality guidelines and good manufacturing practices.
• Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Perform special assignments as required.
• Comply with Lock-out/Tag-out (LOTO) when working on equipment.
• Perform other duties as directed by Maintenance Supervisor and/or Maintenance Lead.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Preferred 3 years employment in a Production Mechanic position.
• Must have good mechanical abilities and comprehension.
• Must be able to read electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic drawings.
• Must have some Programmable Logic Control (P.L.C.) knowledge.
• Must be able to troubleshoot electrical, 24 volt, 120 volt, and 480 volt.
• Organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to effectively adapt to change.
• Ability to read, write and speak English.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to stay focused and alert; utilize basic math skills; audit paperwork; carryout routine tasks with appropriate follow-up.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, to work in confined areas, to lift 50 lbs.
• Team player, willing to assist other mechanics in their areas to accomplish the task.
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
• Basic computer knowledge (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
Wellington Foods Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?