At WellStar, we all share common goals. That's what makes us so successful - and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Care Coordinator Social Worker Sr. serves as an expert resource for complex patients/ situations and serves as a guide/consultant to the other care team members surrounding patient psychosocial and resource needs. Is an expert with supporting community-based service offerings (indigent care support groups, specialty care) and offers guidance to patients/families as well as other care team members. Is responsible for selected functions related to Advance Directives.
The Care Coordinator SW Sr. is responsible for providing psychosocial assessment for patients with the appropriate planning for follow up care. The Care Coordinator SW Sr. collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to provide care and support to the patient and family in a wholistic manner and serve as an expert on issues related to psychosocial, end of life care, planning, resource needs, counseling services utilizing evidence-based standards and appropriate documentation n the patient record. The Social Worker will provide resource and information necessary to aid
patient/families in decision making up to and including support for end of life or funeral care. The Care Coordinator SW Sr. role include, discharge planning and assessment of patients and family's needs for post discharge services, including post-acute care and placement, transition of care, pharmaceutical applications, providing information and counseling services to help the patient cope/adjustment to illness, hospitalization, anticipatory grief, death and bereavement, and other situations that may arise.
The Care Coordinator SW Sr. will collaborate/participate in ensuring that education on chronic care conditions selfmanagement such as CHF, COPD and other key focus conditions are completed. The Social Worker will coordinate and lead family conferences to plan timely patient disposition, will guide and support the other Social Workers with family care conferences and physician level meetings. The Social Worker will participate in the training of new social work hires and may assist other LMSWs in case reviews and discussion of difficult situations, to include, but not limited to assessing suicide ideation, bereavement risk and other similar scenarios. May have other duties assigned as appropriate.
Required Minimum Education
- Master's degree in Social Work with either LMSW or LCSW licensure
- LMSW or LCSW licensure
- At least three years of experience in a healthcare in the acute care setting, related field or skilled care environment or community. A background as a medical social work in an acute care setting highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Case Management process. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledgeable regarding local, state and federal regulations required. Knowledge of community and state-wide resources and programs. Ability to function well under stress. Self-directed. Ability to build and sustain trust with physicians and other care team members. Strong ability to lead teams.
- Must possess maturity, self-confidence, objectivity, and positive attitude. Ability to empathize and manage change and work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to effect change, performs critical analysis, promote client/family autonomy and plan and organize effectively for the continuum of care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficiency with Microsoft office suite products, ability to handle change and function in a fast-paced environment. Strong ability to guide and educate families and the care team.
WellStar is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any status which is protected by local, state or federal law.
Department Care Coordination
Facility WellStar Cobb Hospital