Primary Care Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
- Vision , Medical , Dental
Primary Care Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
Reports to: Medical Director of Primary Care, CMO
Locations: Florin Health Center; Roseville Health Center
WellSpace Health believes that everyone deserves to be seen, no matter who you are, where you come from, where you work or what place you call home. We see you and are here for you. To that end, we've committed ourselves to finding solutions for our community's health and wellbeing to achieve regional health through high quality comprehensive care.
Our focus has always been to offer a full range of quality medical care, dental care, mental health and behavioral health services, and enabling services to underserved people. We do this by placing ourselves within the communities we serve and employing outstanding healthcare professionals who are devoted to our mission.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and are accredited by the Joint Commission for Ambulatory Care and Behavioral Health. We're also certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Care Medical Home and a Behavioral Health Home.
Provides and manages direct patient care, infants through the geriatric population, in WellSpace Health Community Health Centers. Assures the adequacy and appropriateness of medical care provided to patients.
Note: All medical staff will be privileged and credentialed according to the rules and regulations of WellSpace Health. The medical staff of each department or service is responsible for peer review activities to promote continuous improvement of the quality of patient care provided by the medical staff in all departments of the WellSpace Health organization. See your organizations Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations to define these processes.
- Currently licensed to practice medicine in the State of California.
- For Physician Assistants certification of completing a controlled substance course
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration Registration.
- Nurse Practitioners must have Board Certification.
- Physician Assistants must be current or formerly Board certified eligible.
- Current BCLS, ACLS and PALS certifications.
- Commitment to a community health philosophy.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with individuals from a wide variety of ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds; sensitive to their health problems.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing and demonstrate a high level of listening skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service experience including active listening, problem solving, and the ability to remain calm in emotional or stressful situations.
- Computer (PC) literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook email and database software.
- Commitment to HIPAA and ability to abide by standards of professional ethics and maintain confidentiality.
- Adherence to infection control procedures, including but not limited to, standard precautions of temperature monitoring, hand washing, symptom self-monitoring, masking and social distancing.
- Assist and support the Center/Department/Program to meet standards of High Reliability.
- Must have valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Provide and manage direct patient care in the WellSpace Health Medical Center(s).
- Treat a variety of disease processes and injuries; acute and chronic.
- Competently perform rapid patient assessment, emergency intervention and stabilization. All patients are evaluated and managed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Adhere to and practice
- Perform histories and physicals, including psycho-social issues.
- Order appropriate diagnostic tests and treatments.
- Analyze patient data and formulate diagnoses.
- Develop and implement patient treatment plans; evaluate these treatments plans and revise as necessary
- Prescribe medications, regulated medical devices and treatment modalities as appropriate to the patient's assessed medical condition.
- Perform minor procedures, such as cryotherapy, I & D, etc.
- Will be supervised clinically by physician in accordance with licensure guidelines and WSH policies and procedures.
- Provide education to patients and families regarding preventive health care, disease processes, potential medication side effects, nutrition, etc.
- Consult and refer patients to other healthcare professionals, facilities as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to patient needs.
- May inoculate and vaccinate patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases.
- Report communicable disease to the appropriate local, state and federal health agencies.
- Complete patient charting and billing in accordance with WellSpace Health policies and procedures.
- Complete EHR PAQ/inbox items in accordance with WellSpace Health policies and procedures.
- Ensure quality metrics are in progress and documented appropriately in EHR in accordance with WSH Quality initiatives
- Maintain productivity at appropriate level in accordance with WSH budgetary guidelines
- Serve as a member of the organized medical staff, attend medical staff meetings and committee meetings as requested; adhere to the medical staff bylaws and rules and regulations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of educational programs for the WellSpace Health Medical Center staff and the community.
- Understand and remain in compliance with the WellSpace Health Medical Center's policies and procedures for safety, infection prevention and control, hazardous materials and waste, etc.
- Be available for consultation for WSH Health Center staff.
- Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Support and maintain a culture of safety, quality and respect for patients, their families and coworkers
- Participate in various research studies in area of expertise.
- Communicate appropriately and clearly with Health Center Manager, Regional Director, Medical Assistants and all members of Care Team.
- Treat coworkers, patients and their families with respect and dignity.
- Maintain a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Demonstrate an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Document in EHR in accordance with current standards and policies.
- Competently use correct CMA coding for patient evaluations, management, procedures and diagnosis.
- Stay current with new developments in medicine through continuing education, conferences and affiliations with professional societies.
- Participate in Peer Review process in accordance with WSH Peer Review policy.
- Delivery of culturally competent customer service and patient care.
- Communicate the mission, ethics and goals of the facility.
- Participate in the department's performance improvement program.
- Comply with all organizational policies regard
WellSpace Health is a statewide leader in designing and delivering integrated care that treats the whole person, body and mind. Our people-first approach to comprehensive healthcare means that patients are embraced by a “blanket of care” delivered with competence and compassion.
WellSpace Health has provided care and support to individuals and families throughout the Sacramento region since 1953. Our focus has always been to offer a full range of quality medical care, dental care for children and adolescents, mental health and behavioral health services to underserved populations. We do this by placing ourselves within the communities we serve and employing outstanding healthcare professionals who are devoted to our mission. WellSpace Health is a statewide leader in designing and delivering integrated care that treats the whole person, body and mind. Our people-first approach to comprehensive healthcare means that patients are embraced by a “blanket of care” delivered with competence and compassion.
WellSpace HealthSacramento, CA
WebsiteView All WellSpace Health Jobs
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.