Dental Assistant - Rancho Cordova, Sunrise, Galt Locations
- $25 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Department: Dental Assistant
Reports to: Dental Center Manager
Status: Full-Time, Regular
WellSpace Health believes that everyone deserves to be seen, no matter who you are, where you come from, where you work or what place you call home. We see you and are here for you. To that end, we’ve committed ourselves to finding solutions for our community’s health and wellbeing to achieve regional health through high quality comprehensive care.
Our focus has always been to offer a full range of quality medical care, dental care, mental health and behavioral health services, and enabling services to underserved people. We do this by placing ourselves within the communities we serve and employing outstanding healthcare professionals who are devoted to our mission.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and are accredited by the Joint Commission for Ambulatory Care and Behavioral Health. We’re also certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Care Medical Home and a Behavioral Health Home.
Under general direction the individual in this position is responsible for assisting the dentist(s) in the direct provision of primary care dental services to patients. The Dental Assistant is also responsible for assuring that dental operatories are adequately stocked and are ready for patients; for sterilization, preparation and inventory control of dental instruments and supplies.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Dental Assistant training program with a Dental Assisting Certificate OR one year of dental assistant experience in a dental office.
- Must possess a California X-Ray license.
- Current CPR certification.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with others in a team environment supporting the quality/efficiency standards established for the clinic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform clerical work in a methodical, independent and thorough manner with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work in four handed dentistry.
- Proficient in digital charting and digital radiography (QSI preferred).
- Knowledge of dental terminology, and office practices and procedures.
- Must have the physical stamina to function effectively in a position that which involves continuous movement.
- Experience in a pediatric setting with medically compromised patients is preferred but not required.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing and demonstrate a high level of listening skills.
- Fluency in additional languages preferred.
- Commitment to HIPAA and ability to abide by standards of professional ethics and maintain confidentiality.
- Adherence to infection control procedures, including but not limited to, standard precautions of temperature monitoring, hand washing, symptom self-monitoring, masking and social distancing.
- Assist and support the Center/Department/Program to meet standards of High Reliability.
- Must have valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Prepares instruments, materials and medication for use in dental procedures; cleans sterilizes, and maintains an adequate supply of instruments, maintains functioning instruments and equipment, prepares inventory and maintains dental supplies.
- Provides diagnostic aids including x-ray; keeps record of medical and dental histories.
- Maintains all dental clinic areas in compliance with dental clinic directives and protocols; abides to policies and procedures in accordance to infection control, exposure control and safety issues.
- Performs clinical supportive functions, including preparing and dismissing patients.
- Provides post-operative instructions prescribed by the dentist.
- Assists with maintaining patient treatment records and maintaining equipment and instruments.
- Performs lab procedures such as pouring and trimming models.
- Participates in in-service training programs, attends staff meetings and as required.
- Participates in appropriate health promotion/disease prevention activities, both on-site and off-site as required.
- Travels when necessary to meet operational needs.
- Other duties as assigned by Dental Center Manager.
Successful candidate will receive regionally competitive salary, above average health benefits at reduced costs, company paid life insurance & long-term disability insurance, additional voluntary retirement plan with company match and no vesting schedule requirement.
- Paid bereavement and jury duty leave
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Paid time off
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible Spending Program
- Company paid malpractice insurance for all providers
- Professional development hours offered annually
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The work environment is characteristic of a medical clinic environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel. The employee is also required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must also possess hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the phone. The noise level in the work environment is usually noisy.
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using substances and/or not attentive to personal health and safety for themselves or their homes. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and the lack of personal care. The employee may also be exposed to bodily fluids (blood, urine) and hazardous chemicals.
WellSpace Health is committed to the principals of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is the intent of WellSpace Health to maintain a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. WellSpace Health is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WellSpace Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WellSpace Health is a statewide leader in designing and delivering integrated care that treats the whole person, body and mind. Our people-first approach to comprehensive healthcare means that patients are embraced by a “blanket of care” delivered with competence and compassion.
WellSpace Health has provided care and support to individuals and families throughout the Sacramento region since 1953. Our focus has always been to offer a full range of quality medical care, dental care for children and adolescents, mental health and behavioral health services to underserved populations. We do this by placing ourselves within the communities we serve and employing outstanding healthcare professionals who are devoted to our mission. WellSpace Health is a statewide leader in designing and delivering integrated care that treats the whole person, body and mind. Our people-first approach to comprehensive healthcare means that patients are embraced by a “blanket of care” delivered with competence and compassion.
WellSpace HealthSacramento, CA
WebsiteView All WellSpace Health Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.