· Perform routine, professional pharmacy functions.
· Respect and maintain confidentiality guidelines of HIPAA.
· Accountable for making sure that patient name and date of birth match up on prescriptions.
· Ensure all prescription information is entered accurately and in a timely manner.
· Accountable for checking patient history for any duplicate orders and follow the proper procedures.
· Follow and aid in enforcement of all company policies and procedures.
· Responsible for doing a “PD3Q” check before finishing and sending the order on.
· Responsible for other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Required – Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- One year minimum of pharmacy experience
· Ability to type 25 words per minute.
· Ability to enter 30 prescriptions per hour.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to handle multiple activities or interruptions at once.
· Ability to communicate effectively, patiently and courteously.
· Focused team player, who can work in conjunction with pharmacists, other departments, customers, and management.
· Work independently with little supervision and meet daily deadlines.
· Ability to perform repetitious work accurately.
· This position is in a typical office environment which requires prolonged sitting and standing in front of a computer.
· In addition, this position requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment, including the operation of standard computer and phone equipment. May have occasional high stress when dealing with customers/clients and employees.
· This position may be required to work long hours. The position may have to handle or have exposure to hazardous drugs or products.