Under the direction of the Pharmacy Manager, maintain inventory levels, follow recall guidelines, and ensure best purchase price when ordering pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical pharmacy needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Place orders with wholesalers by acquiring the most economical product under the terms of the wholesaler and GPO contracts
• Verify accuracy of invoices and receipts of all products ordered
• Maintain records of Open POs that will be forwarded to finance after inventory
• Follow up with supplier on all discrepancies
• Responsible for continuously following up on and communicating with pharmacy staff and patient, information on orders that are in short supply, out of stock or are on back order
• Make appropriate changes to inventory based on drug availability and pricing
• Utilize drug usage reports to adjust min/max levels to maintain a perpetual inventory
• Monitor and maintain inventory levels that allow prescriptions to be dispensed in a timely manner
• Return expired drugs to reverse distributor and maintain appropriate documentation
• Run inventory expiration reports and identify meds to be returned to the appropriate wholesaler
• Oversee supplier product recalls and their timely return to vendor; maintain appropriate documentation from initial notification through product return
• Schedule, order and coordinate the delivery of drop ship medications
• Keep records of products/materials on hand and on order
• Work with pharmacy team prepare, document, and report monthly physical inventories
• Respect and maintain confidentiality guidelines of HIPAA
• Follow and aid in enforcement of all company policies and procedures
• Responsible for other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• Certified and Registered Pharmacy Technician
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• One year minimum of pharmacy experience preferred
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to handle multiple activities or interruptions at once
• Ability to communicate effectively, patiently and courteously
• Focused team player, who can work in conjunction with pharmacists, other departments, customers, and management
• Work independently with little supervision and meet daily deadlines
Work Environment / Physical Demands
This position is in a typical office environment which requires prolonged sitting and standing in front of a computer. In addition, this position requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment, including the operation of standard computer and phone equipment. May have occasional high stress when dealing with customers/clients and employees. This position may be required to work long hours.
Our momentum is unstoppable — we’ve grown to partner with nearly 2,000 clients; serve more than 2.5 million members; built the capacity to fulfill more than 15 million prescriptions per year; and established a wholly-owned, award-winning specialty pharmacy. And still, we will not settle.
Why Work Here?For 25 years, WellDyne has leveraged our clinical expertise to drive improved health outcomes for our clients and members. Now, we’ve scaled our business, added a deep commitment to innovation and are prepared to challenge the status quo in this industry. We’re on a quest to fill the gap that exists today for PBM options serving the middle market. We offer the lowest net-cost solutions, highest-touch customer service and best-possible clinical results. Our momentum is unstoppable — we’ve grown to partner with nearly 2,000 clients; serve more than 2.5 million members; built the capacity to fulfill more than 15 million prescriptions per year; and established a wholly-owned, award-winning specialty pharmacy. And still, we will not settle.
Better begins today.