The Peer Coach operates as part of a cross-functional call center team which connects individuals to social service organizations. Coaches perform a variety of roles such as: handling inbound/outbound phone calls, research and populate meaningful data into the team database, and performing organization audits to ensure the database is up to date.
Reports To: Mgr, Community Help Line
Department: Public Affairs-Advocacy
Location: Tampa, FL
- Receives inbound phone calls from individuals seeking social service referrals.
- Performs outbound calls to ensure quality of referrals provided.
- Conducts structured interviews to narrow down the team database so appropriate referrals are provided to callers.
- Regularly audits current database entries to ensure organization information is up to date.
- Researches Internet for community organizations and events to expand database entries.
- Identifies and communicates resource gaps in the database.
- Schedules transportation to doctor's appointments for select WellCare members.
- Performs concierge services such as updating addresses, searching for covered providers, requesting ID cards, setting appointment, and quotes co-pay amounts for a select population of WellCare members.
- Maintains a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude towards callers.
- Responds promptly to caller inquiries.
- Keeps record of caller interactions and accurately completes data entry into designated systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Communicates and coordinates efforts with team as necessary
- Maintains strict confidentiality of member information according to HIPAA and WellCare policies.
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred 6 months of experience in Customer service, call center environment, social services organization
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Demonstrated customer service skills
- Intermediate Other Demonstrated ability to show empathy, understanding, and positivity as appropriate in a variety of situations
- Intermediate Other Ability to control tone and effectively communicate over the phone
- Intermediate Other Demonstrated ability to take ownership of assigned priorities
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft Outlook
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft Excel
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft Word