- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Company: The mission of Well (https://www.well.co/) is to transform healthcare through our unique impact to our members' health and happiness. We do this through our differentiated consumer experience and world-class data and analytics engine that drive engagement and behavior change. Our product -- a consumer health engagement platform -- integrates concierge services, behavioral health, telemedicine, care management and wellness services to drive sustained engagement, lower costs and improve the health of members. In addition to our product, we know our team makes us unique. We're a highly diverse and engaged organization whose employees are passionate about the mission of the company and whose management is passionate about the employees. We promote an employee- and member-centric culture, which you can learn more about here: https://www.well.co/careers.
Note that all new hires at Well are required to adhere to the COVID Vaccination Requirement Policy.
Reporting To: Director, Enterprise Tools
Location: Chapel Hill, NC; Minneapolis, MN; Boston, MA (Newton Office); New York, NY
Compensation Information: This role could be hired for at the Software Engineer 3 ($105,001-$117,500) or Software Engineer 4 ($117,501-$130,000) level, based on qualifications.
Upon joining our team, you will contribute to the development of a world-class technology platform that supports our members, customers and team members. You'll get to collaborate with a diverse group of backend and web developers, data scientists, and other internal colleagues to design, implement and govern features that impact our entire organization. We are looking for an eager, engaged software engineer who is excited to use modern cloud technologies to build new features that will make a difference. This is an opportunity for rapid early career learning and growth in software development, cloud infrastructure and healthcare data! We expect you to be excited to learn, collaborate and contribute to solutions in a variety of technologies. Self-motivation, teamwork, and ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment are important.
- Contribute to new user interface features and improvements on our data ingestion process
- Collaborate with a team of experienced software engineers, DevOps engineers and data scientists to create and deliver a seamless, tailored experience for our users
- Help build and maintain internal administrative applications that support core functioning of our technology platform
- Help us achieve operational excellence in software development by participating in and leading code reviews, quality assurance, and production monitoring
- Take personal responsibility for keeping all Well systems and data, including sensitive member data, secure and safe, according to Well data and security policies and HIPAA guidelines
- 2+ years of software development experience using modern programming languages and cloud providers
- Good understanding of engineering principles, a variety of common tools, patterns, algorithms/libraries and use cases, key trade-offs and systems design.
- Coding capabilities, demonstrated ability to resolve complex technical challenges
- Experience with test driven development, and understanding of the importance of testing in developing high quality software.
- Willingness to learn new patterns, languages, technologies and methodologies, aligning both with our Engineering culture and continuously evolving technology environment.
- Good understanding of microservices patterns with insight into choices and tradeoffs involved
- Experience with modern cloud platforms; AWS, GCP, Azure
- Good understanding of the HTTP stack and REST APIs
- Good understanding of databases and their tradeoffs
- Knowledge of modern content management systems
- Experience in Healthcare contexts is considered a plus but not a necessity
- Good understanding of security principles in software development broadly and as specifically applied to consumer-facing applications
- Degree and background in a related field such as Computer Science, Engineering or a quantitative discipline with strong demonstrated practical experience
Additional Job Information
Well is on a mission to redefine the healthcare experience. This is an opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. We welcome team members who are passionate about that mission. We embrace diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team.
Well is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. We seek diversity and encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
TechnologyView all jobs at Well
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.