When people think of Welch's, they think of our great tasting juice and jelly and a trusted, iconic brand. People also think we are a big company. We're not. We're a co-operative, owned by the family farmers who grow our delicious and nutritious grapes. Our work allows our farmers to maintain an agricultural way of life, send their children to college, and hand their farm down to the next generation as was done for over 150 years.
At Welch's you'll find people who are genuine and talented, and a collaborative community. We think like farmers - we're agile, we're resilient, and we're passionate about our grapes and our brand. We're real and honest people with a shared purpose. And we're building a team that's playing to win and daring to try new things.
We're looking for a Sr.Transportation Analyst who will lead the day-to-day administration of Welch's TMS activities and support the development of business strategies to enhance transportation performance. This person will provide transportation analytics and recommendations with a focus on freight costs, service optimization and continuous improvement. In addition, they will also develop and issue relevant reports and KPI's enabling proactive performance management.
What You'll Do:
- Act as liaison to the business and in-house expert for the TMS application, including ongoing maintenance, identifying enhancements with internal team, and updating requirements
- Schedule, coordinate and lead regular performance meetings with our carriers and with our TMS service provider to include activity related to: volumes, cost, customer service, freight payment and relevant reports/KPI's
- Develop analysis supported through TMS business intelligence capabilities
- Monitor data flows to ensure synchronization of transportation information. Verify EDI interfaces are functioning properly and carriers are providing required load status updates
- Identify gaps in transportation distribution capacity and initiate appropriate corrective measures including follow-up communications
- Interact with Welch's carrier partners to resolve service and capacity issues
- Develop KPI metrics and review via weekly/monthly reviews with both internal and external stakeholders (e.g. transport carriers, freight market) and drive performance improvements as it relates to service quality and cost efficiencies.
- Manage ongoing action logs and associated follow up requirements
- Administer carrier coaching calls and score carding
- Drive and Implement cost savings projects, carry out continuous cost analysis and program leadership as required. Proactive, ongoing capacity and cost analysis/optimization of carriers
- Create standard operating procedures (SOP) for efficient execution and process control
- Support the creation of forecasts and budgets for transportation, shuttle and interplant freight and support monthly reconciliations
- Provide information and analysis for carrier contract negotiations, creation and maintenance with Legal/Management, adhering to local and federal requirements.
- Network with peer companies and professional organizations to stay current with industry trends (freight cost, service, etc.)
- Support miscellaneous Logistics activities as needed.
Who You Are:
- Understands transportation function and the overall Supply Chain inter-dependencies, including transportation metrics (cost-per-cwt and on-time shipment)
- Promotes and fosters a positive collaborative environment by building and maintaining relationships both internal and external.
- Communicates articulately and listens effectively.
- Has comfort level interacting with all levels of management, internally and externally.
- Recognizes issues and proactively keeps relevant stakeholders informed as appropriate.
- Uses good judgment in interpreting policies and procedures to accommodate our requirements (e.g. recognizes value of retaining existing carriers).
- Uncovers and analyzes problems, then develops creative solutions.
- Willing to challenges the status quo by questioning standard practices, identifying barriers, and developing new and better ways to do things ensuring continuous improvement.
- Keeps information organized and pays attention to detail; maintains accurate, complete and detailed files.
- Possesses proficient project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Logistics preferred.
- Three to five years of transportation, supply chain, or logistics experience.
- Proficient computer skills, budget development and tracking skills, with knowledge of Word, Excel, and database systems. Working knowledge of Oracle is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and functionality
- Ability to travel domestically as needed, estimated 5% of time.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
What You'll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results.
- Flexible work schedules
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch's products
Welch's believes diversity makes good business sense and we take pride in being an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran