When people think of Welch's, they think of our great tasting juice and jelly and a trusted, iconic brand. People also think we are a big company. We're not. We're a co-operative, owned by the family farmers who grow our delicious and nutritious grapes. Our work allows our farmers to maintain an agricultural way of life, send their children to college, and hand their farm down to the next generation as was done for over 150 years.
At Welch's you'll find people who are genuine and talented, and a collaborative community. We think like farmers - we're agile, we're resilient, and we're passionate about our grapes and our brand. We're real and honest people with a shared purpose. And we're building a team that's playing to win and daring to try new things.
We're looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to join our team and provide business partnering support to cross-functional Co-manufacturing, Procurement, and Logistics teams to drive analysis, measurement, and understanding of Welch's financial performance in these areas.
What You'll Do:
- Interact with both the internal finance and supply chain teams to provide critical support as part of the forecast process, annual plan process and monthly close as well as day-to-day business support.
- Provide proactive financial support to business partner groups to help them make solid business decisions, and serve as financial lead to assess business changes that could impact Purchasing, Co-manufacturing and Logistics costs, including modeling and analyzing alternative scenarios and developing recommendations for the business.
- Execute key finance activities including reviewing co-manufacturing activity and determining related variance drivers, ensure control and compliance through monitoring of Co-Man adherence to contract terms and communication as appropriate (inventory, production batch variance analysis, balance sheet reconciliation, etc.)
- Execute key finance activities including reviewing logistics performance, and determining related variance drivers
- Purchase price variance analysis and related procurement support, including reporting and presenting actionable information
- Development and tracking of KPIs related to value chain
- Provide ad hoc support and / or participate in special projects
Who You Are:
- A proactive and naturally curious professional who thrives on continuous improvement, process efficiency and problem solving
- A high performer who can independently balance multiple competing priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- A passionate and energetic, a self-starter with fire in the belly.
- A skilled relationship builder with proven ability to work cross functionally and articulate key financial results, concepts and ideas to stakeholders
- An agile learner with strong math skills who can research, compile, analyze and interpret large amounts of data
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field
- 1-3 years of experience in manufacturing organization, including accounting, with solid understanding of cost accounting principles to perform analysis, turning data into actionable information
- Experience with database applications, process manufacturing systems will really help (Oracle preferred)
- Excellent MS office skills, including expert/advanced Excel
What You'll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results
- Flexible work schedules including Summer and Winter Hours
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch's products
Welch's is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran