Personal Care Aide
- Posted: over a month ago
At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you'll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences and create the never-before-seen!
The Caregiver / Day Center Personal Care Assistant (PCA) is responsible for providing safe delivery of personal care services to participants at the WelbeHealth day center, as directed. In addition, the PCA is responsible for supporting the Nutrition, Engagement (Activities), and Home Health departments as needed, once provided appropriate training. The PCA works collaboratively with all members of the WelbeHealth team and participants to promote the WelbeHealth mission. Collaborates effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
Benefits and Perks:
- Monday-Friday role
- 17 day PTO, 5 sick days, 12 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k, with 3% company match
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide personal care and assistance with ADLs (activities of daily living) to WelbeHealth participants, including but not limited to escorting, toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, assisting with meals, laundry, etc.
- Measure and document participants' vital signs as instructed.
- Assist participants with boarding and exiting from WelbeHealth transportation vehicles and act as medical escort when instructed.
- Observe activity on the day center floor to assure participant safety.
- Assist with meal service, ensuring participants receive the correct meals and provide support with feeding when indicated.
- Assist participants with safe transfer in and out of their homes and act as medical escort on vehicles and to medical appointments as assigned.
- Maintain personal care supplies such as incontinence supplies and personal grooming
- Provide translation services as needed, if qualified
- Assist Engagement team with participant activities.
- Assist Home Health team as needed.
- Cleans participant areas in the day center between meals and activities.
- Remain alert and update the supervisor or any member of the IDT promptly of any changes in participants' condition.
- Be legally authorized to practice in position location, required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required.
- Certification of Home Health Aide (HHA) or Certified Nursing Assistant in California (CNA) preferred.
- CA Food Handlers Certification within 30 days of hire.
- Minimum of one year of experience providing personal care to a frail or elderly population.
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor and communicate needs effectively.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
Personal CareView all jobs at WelbeHealth