- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Legal Assistant will assist attorney(s) by providing clerical and research support services including document preparation and review; research, and file organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Speaks with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Drafts legal documents including routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and interrogatories; files motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written analysis to attorneys.
- Interviews clients and witnesses and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Prepare, organize, store, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Develops and maintains records on specific cases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters is a plus.
- Adept at learning and using legal software.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
Weitz & Luxenberg, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Weitz & Luxenberg
AddressNew York, NY
Get fresh Legal Clerical jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.